April 2013 Moms
Options

Travel Convertible Car seat

So we have come to realize that our Britax Tank convertible car seat is just way too massive to travel with. So we're looking into getting a smaller but still well rated travel car seat. I was looking at the Evenflo Titan Elite... looked promising. Anyone have experience? Alternative suggestions? The Costco car seat is light weight but I've heard there is like, no padding on it.
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
           Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
        Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!

Re: Travel Convertible Car seat

• Options
    We tried out the Cosco Scenera but neither DH or myself could get it securely tightened into our car.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Glad you posted this.  We were just looking at the cosco scenera.  Anyone try the evenflo tribute sport?  That was reccommended by mh's coworker.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have an Evenflo Titan that we actually used to travel with in March. It's our backup car seat that we had as a spare. We have the straps to attach the car seat to our rolling carry-ons so it doubled as a stroller in the airport. We use them on the airplane as each girl had their own seat and we installed them with the seatbelts rear-facing and they worked just fine. Not too heavy. I was pleasantly surprised!

• Options
    The Radian is 27 lbs, so I wouldn't recommend carrying it through the airport even with a strap. (DH did it on our last trip.)

I looked briefly at the Scenera for an extra seat, but since my girls are tall, it's kind of a waste. DD2 would have outgrown it by height completely by 2.5 years. I've also been trying to figure out what we should do for that extra seat. Maybe I'll look into the Titan.

Oh, I have a chart with car seat weights from when I was looking into the new latch limits. The Titan is only 11 lbs, and it looks like it rear faces to 40 lbs/40".

Here:
    https://csftl.org/2014-latch-changes-dont-panic/
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    Are the Titan and SureRide the same seat?
    https://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=241771
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    BellaBean76BellaBean76 member
    edited April 2014
    Combi coccoro. It only ways 11 pounds and is narrow. I have installed it in two cars very easily. It is comfy for G too. Also the cover comes off and you can machine wash it.
    PS if you don't care about color you can find it for $160 which compared to Advocate is cheap;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"