Nurseries and Baby Gear

Help confused FTM - Which seat to keep!

I received the following three seats at my baby shower and don't know which is best to keep. I am a first time mom and will not be getting a freestanding high chair as I really do not have the room for one. I originally thought I would use FP Space Saver as high chair till baby got bigger then use the FP Booster seat and then the Ingenuity was going to be used instead of a bumbo seat. But now looking at all three of them I am thinking maybe I only really need one or two of them. All three of them strap to a chair and the Ingenuity has a tray for baby to eat off. I think the FP Space Saver is the only one that can be used before 4 months or so as it reclines. 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Help confused FTM - Which seat to keep!

• I have the FP Space saver and like it. No complaints. When looking for a high chair we knew we didn't want a free standing one to save space. We have a large dining room table and have the seat on one of the chairs. DD was in around 3.5-4 months, which we could do since it does recline and have a higher back. She's 17 months old and still in it. Cover comes off for easy cleaning and my husband can finagle the straps off to clean them as well.

So, for us, and what we were looking for, it's done the trick.

• You don't need all 3 of those. We had the FP Space Saver and we really liked it. We did buy a Prince Lionheart booster (the kind that's a little squishy and doesn't have a belt) when he turned about 2 and he is still using it, but he could still use the Space Saver if we wanted to keep that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I like that Bright starts one. I like that you can use it a as floor seat and then turns into a space saving high chair.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I had a Bright Starts Chair I loved. It was so much nicer than my moms Fisher Price Highchair to clean and use.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • You probably don't need all of the above for at home. I'd make sure to keep one for a "supported sitter" since not all kids are sitting by the time you start solids at 6 months (DD was a mover and a shaker, so she was crawling all over the place but didn't sit on her own until she got sick at 7 months and was too exhausted for all the moving around)...

That being said, we have the healthy care deluxe, and it's great as a booster, and since it folds pretty flat, it also works wonders as a travel high chair. This has been DDs seat since she was about 2 1/2 and started to refuse to sit in high chairs (boosters are still OK though).
  • We have FP Space saver. DD is about to turn 22 months and we're still using it with no complaints.

Well, I actually do have one complaint. Food gets stuck in the crevices but I just take it out back and hose it out every so often to give it a deep clean. And the cute cloth cover than came with was taken off as soon as DD was able to sit on her own.

• We have fp space saver and use for every meal, and have done so since the first day we brought ds home.

We also have a fp booster. This comes in handy when we have guests. Or when we travel. We also use it in the bath room to keep ds happy when we shower and get ready in the morning.
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"