May 2013 Moms
Options

My baby isn't a baby anymore

emmy236emmy236 member
edited April 2014 in May 2013 Moms
It's super slow so I thought id see how you ladies are feeling about our once teeny tiny babies now turning into toddlers? Any ah ha! moments?

It happened to us this weekend. R started really walking on his own (more than just a few steps) on Friday. He was "running" yesterday. On Saturday we went out to get him some things for our beach trip and at baby gap he is now a 2T in tops. I am soooo sad. I had always been a little lucky here because R is one of the younger babies (May 28th) but now these extra few weeks don't really make a difference.

Re: My baby isn't a baby anymore

• Options
    It is hitting me so hard! I have been looking at newborn photos and he just looks so different. He really looks like a toddler now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Every time she does something new I am happy but a bit sad that she is one more step to being a big girl. When she first started walking I saw my husband go through a few moments where he was a little sad his baby girl was getting to be a big girl.

Watching her climb down from the couch or up and down the stairs I have to admit she is a big girl now. I am lucky that she still likes me to hold her but I am sure that won't last forever.
  • Options
    I've also been having that moment a lot, she has been walking. But 4 nights ago she started sleeping through the night in her crib all by herself. This is a big deal because she has never slept through the night and she always wanted to sleep in our bed. But she never woke up that night and I just thought it was a fluke but she has been doing it for 4 nights now :( honestly I'm a little sad, I liked waking up to dd. She also is saying some words I understand, I'm excited for her to get older but I'm really going to miss her being this small. I can't believe in 3 1/2 weeks is her first birthday.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    Our realization came yesterday . All the adults were inside chatting away and DD was walking around exploring and then she realized that all the kids were in the backyard playing. She stood there starring at them as if she wanted to go run around too. Then a fast paced fun song came on and she started bopping up and down and smiling. I just starred at her in amazement...soon she will be one of the kids running around. It's exciting and sad too but I'm enjoying every minute. She is exactly 11 months today!!!

• Options
    LO has been using furniture to help himself move around...usually it is just a chair or an ottoman, but today he moved the dining room table.   If anyone needs a mover, I can hire out my ten month old, his rates are pretty reasonable.
  • Options
    Mine was today when we were outside in the yard. LO was walking all over the yard trying to catch the dog!
    Where did our little babies go!!!!!!
  • Options
    We aren't walking yet, but the independence is killing me. He doesn't want me to do anything for him and just wants to crawl in the kitchen and try to open the cabinets.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @nech0606‌ Really! :-) Happy 11 months!!!

• Options
    NJAZgirl said:
    We aren't walking yet, but the independence is killing me. He doesn't want me to do anything for him
    This is us too! When she throws a fit because she wants to hold something on her own or do something by herself
  • Options
    Mine came today when he reached up and pulled a towel off the counter... I was like "when did you become tall enough to do that?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"