July 2012 Moms

OMG, I can't deal

So, for the last few weeks I've had periods of regular, intense contractions that just...go away. I've gone to the hospital twice now and been monitored with contractions 3-5 minutes apart, but because I wasn't dilated enough, they sent me home. And then the contractions stop.

All last night I had contractions again, and this morning I woke up thinking maybe today was the day - and then they stopped again. The baby is still moving a lot and as of Monday I'm only 1 cm dilated. My due date is on Friday. I can't deal with the uncertainty anymore. I want to have a newborn and focus on him and not be pregnant anymore.

There is crazy work drama going on too, and I just want to step away from that and be on maternity leave and come back when it's all over.

Thanks for reading my vent! I'd love some stories about how labor stopped and started for you guys too, I feel like I'm just totally misreading my body even though I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: OMG, I can't deal

• Oh, I undestand your frustration. I was sent back home from the hospital 3 times with V. I had contractions and then they would just stop... Last time we came the nurse sent me to walk around the hospital. It was 10 pm and the area around the hospital is not very safe. I was so pissed - I was marching fast and furious with my huge belly, my DH behind me - that was probably an funny site...

Try to do all the myth things that induce labor - sex, spicy food, walking, bathtub, wine...

You are going to have your squishy baby within few days or hours - how exciting! Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I never had the start/stop contractions. Things got going and picked up in pace. I am sure it is frustrating to deal with all the false starts though and I know that the end is tough. Hang in there your squishy LO is almost here. I agree with Bellaxanthe, try tome sexy time to see if that will get things to pick up.
  • Loading the player...
  • KarmBKarmB member
    find some pumpkin raviolis. lol. theres a resturant that sells them here and all the preggos go there to induce their labor and they always do the night they eat them.

• KarmB said:
    find some pumpkin raviolis. lol. theres a resturant that sells them here and all the preggos go there to induce their labor and they always do the night they eat them.
    I loooove pumpkin ravioli so this sounds like a great plan to me!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • KarmBKarmB member
    KarmB said:
    I loooove pumpkin ravioli so this sounds like a great plan to me!!
    I love them too. might as well have a good meal just in case you do pop

• I feel like I could have written exactly this just a couple weeks ago! I had a ton of contractions for weeks before DS was born and every night I would go to bed thinking "this is it, he's coming soon!" and then --- nothing. It was so frustrating, and like you said - I had already done this once, you would think I would know when I was actually in labor!!

The day Charlie was born, I was sure it was just false labor again. I thought the contractions would just go away once I went to bed that night. Well, I got in bed at 9:00 pm and he was born three and a half hours later. Once I realized it was really labor, things went very quickly!

The only thing I did differently that day was some of the spinning babies techniques for turning a posterior baby because I was feeling so many kicks in the front of my belly. Maybe try a few rounds of cat/cow and then a glass of wine and some sexy time?? I hope labor does start for you soon - I know how frustrating it is!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"