August 2014 Moms

Can we have a maternity photos thread?

RannndiRannndi member
edited April 2014 in August 2014 Moms
For those of you that are having them done, can we post them here?!  We just did some with my friend over the weekend (before they place me on strict bed rest), and I'm so excited to see them.  She's given me a couple to hold me over, so I was thinking some of yours might hold me over while I just lay on the couch going crazy!  Here's one she sent me:

ETA: I love this one because it has my sister's signature.  As I've mentioned, my sister's death had a lot to do with what brought Jimmy (DH) and I together.

BFP: 12/2/13, EDD: 8/17/13

imageimage

Follow MacKenzie and Madison's Journey at randidooley.wordpress.com

Re: Can we have a maternity photos thread?

• Loading the player...
  • ginny5683 said:
    I'm having mine done on May 3 and can't wait to share! Strictly to keep you entertained of course. =) Hoping all is well with your babes!!!
    LOL that is so sweet of you!  By that time I'm really going to need it!  I'll wait with great anticipation!  ;)

imageimage

• I don't have any from this pregnancy, we will do them the first of July. Here are a couple from DS :)

Awh! I love them! Thanks for sharing! :)

imageimage

• edited April 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • When do most people do maternity pictures? I was thinking like 36-37 weeks is that too late? Seem like most of toy stew doing them much earlier
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • andatcdc said:
    When do most people do maternity pictures? I was thinking like 36-37 weeks is that too late? Seem like most of toy stew doing them much earlier
    I would have done it MUCH later, but I'm in a completely different situation.  My girls will probably be here by 28 weeks, and I'll be on strict bed rest in 1 week, so I needed to them done now.  I'm not sure when people generally do them!

imageimage

• @mv9310---I love it!
    @laurelcharles---it's my favorite tattoo :)  I love the idea of you guys getting one in your mom's handwriting!  I always feel like I have a piece of my sister with me!

imageimage

• We had ours done with DD at like 30-32 weeks. I don't know that we will get any done this time. Since losing my job I'm not sure we can afford it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• H and I just talked about this last night.  He vetoed the idea saying that he'd rather spend money on professional pictures once baby is here.  I'm a little bummed, but I get his point, especially since we are trying to save some money.  I'm hoping I can at least hit up a friend to take some very casual, unprofessional pictures of us one day when we are dressed up a bit.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • stoofewok said:
    @Rannndi I can't get over the cuteness of those little shoes! All of your pics turned out so great! :)
    Awh thanks girl!  This has been the only thing keeping my mind off of the appointment tomorrow LOL

And I love the little shoes!  I had a shower this weekend, and someone got us matching flip flops...I swear I almost teared up over baby flip flops!  LOL That's the first time this entire pregnancy that I've gotten emotional about it.  It's all just becoming more real now, I guess!

imageimage

• H and I just talked about this last night.  He vetoed the idea saying that he'd rather spend money on professional pictures once baby is here.  I'm a little bummed, but I get his point, especially since we are trying to save some money.  I'm hoping I can at least hit up a friend to take some very casual, unprofessional pictures of us one day when we are dressed up a bit.

I'm sort of in the same boat. H kind of blew off the idea, then in a mimic kind of voice asked if I wanted them done. I'm still not sure if he was kidding or not.

The girl who I would love to get them done by is also pregnant and is further ahead of me. She is so cheap but does a great job. Guess I better find someone else if H is on board.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm sort of in the same boat. H kind of blew off the idea, then in a mimic kind of voice asked if I wanted them done. I'm still not sure if he was kidding or not.

The girl who I would love to get them done by is also pregnant and is further ahead of me. She is so cheap but does a great job. Guess I better find someone else if H is on board.

It was only a priority to me because H and I still haven't had any pictures done together.  Not even at our wedding.  Then when docs started talking about delivering at 28 weeks, I wanted something to remember the pregnancy by since it may be so short!  I can understand choosing to save money in this area though.  We definitely didn't pay a lot.  It was a friend :)

imageimage

• andatcdc said:
    When do most people do maternity pictures? I was thinking like 36-37 weeks is that too late? Seem like most of toy stew doing them much earlier

I would have them done as soon as you have a round bump, and not wait! I have taken pictures for a few of my friends now and I would say not to wait until you are REALLY big and feeling not so sexy. I would guess around 30-32 weeks?

• They are beautiful!
  • Thanks ladies!!! :)

imageimage

• alexisharmonalexisharmon member
    edited April 2014
    How do I insert a photo from photobucket?  I keep trying and it won't work
    Married to the love of my life, full time wife and Mommy

• @Rannndi, you are absolutely adorable, and I kind of want to punch you for it. I thought you should know. ;)

These pics are awesome. I have a friend's friend that offered to do them for me, I'm waiting a bit to see. I was fairly overweight before I got pregnant and haven't developed much of a "bump" yet. I'm not sure how much she's going to charge either, so that will factor in.
    Well I would never feel more privileged to be punched ;)  Thank you!!!! :D
    I was terrified to do them this early because I was concerned that I wasn't showing enough, so if it was a different situation, I definitely would have waited to be further along.  And her price wasn't bad either.  OTHERWISE...we would have nixed them!

imageimage

• How do I insert a photo from photobucket?  I keep trying and it won't work
    Hmmm...I use tinypic, so I'm not sure with photobucket!

imageimage

• @Rannndi LOVE the pics!!! and LOVE your outfit. I have been wearing pre-maternity dresses with leggings and it is the best thing ever!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Rannndi LOVE the pics!!! and LOVE your outfit. I have been wearing pre-maternity dresses with leggings and it is the best thing ever!!!
    Thanks so much!  Leggings are literally LIFESAVERS!

imageimage

• I don't have maternity pictures for a while yet, either, but here's the picture my husband wanted to take the day I was at 20 weeks :) I've definitely grown in the past 3 weeks!
  • How do I insert a photo from photobucket?  I keep trying and it won't work
    Use tinypic, choose 320x240 and then copy the Direct Link for Layouts and paste that into the insert image icon at the top of the reply area.

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"