Los Angeles Babies

Anyone out there?

2»

Re: Anyone out there?

• reverey said:
    @duckshh hi there! I'm delivering at Cedars as well...I'm just shy of 14wks and due 9/18. @sarisosrWed65535‌ maybe you'll cook a lil longer and have your little one on 9/3 (my birthday)! ;)

reverey said:
    @duckshh hi there! I'm delivering at Cedars as well...I'm just shy of 14wks and due 9/18. @sarisosrWed65535‌ maybe you'll cook a lil longer and have your little one on 9/3 (my birthday)! ;)

Don't know why I am just noticing this now...but @revery your due date is my hubby's birthday!
  • 2JEL said:
    duckshh said:
    kimc1379 said:
    Hi @duckshh‌! I'm due on August 3rd and delivering at UCLA Westwood with the nurse midwives.
    Hi!  I'm delivering at UCLA Santa Monica, but we do all of our ultrasounds at the Westwood campus.  I've been very happy with everyone we have dealt with so far.  Best of luck to you!  Yay for Westside mamas. 
    Hi, I'm newly pregnant in Marina del Rey.  Hoping to get this thread a bit more active!

@duckshh and @kimc1379 have either of you taken a hospital tour yet?  Do you know if there are private rooms at your UCLA location?  I've generally had good experiences with the UCLA system but don't know anybody who's given birth at either hospital. 
    We're in Playa del Rey!

Our tour isn't until June 22nd- they recommended to take the tour about 2 months out from the due date.  I do know that they do offer private rooms... I believe every room is private, actually.  I have 2 friends who delivered there and they both have nothing but positive things to say.  When are you due?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So funny @duckshh - I just moved from Playa Del Rey to the SFValley in February. We could've been neighbors!
  • So funny @duckshh - I just moved from Playa Del Rey to the SFValley in February. We could've been neighbors!
    I used to live in the valley, @sarisosrWed65535 - Studio City and Toluca Lake.  Have you been to the Juvenile Shop in Sherman Oaks?  It's a great baby store... we were there a couple of weeks ago and bought our stroller/car seat/glider.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Familiar with the Juvenille Shop. So many fun little stores!
  • 2JEL2JEL member
    Thanks @duckshh!  I am only 5.5 weeks pregnant so I have some time.  ;)   Will you let me know your impressions after you take the hospital tour?

I'm in Sherman Oaks from time to time and am now going to try to check out Juvenile Shop as well.

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
    2 Corinthians 12:9

• @sarisosrWed65535‌ I am 24 weeks now, so no hospital tour just yet. I have a friend whose wife delivered at UCLA SM, and they had wonderful things to say about delivering there. I have also heard great things about Westwood, and was swayed by the midwifery program there (even though I can walk to the SM hospital). I'll let you know once I do tour. I do believe both have private rooms.
  • Let's get this LA meet up together! Hope everyone is feeling great!
  • kimc1379 said:

Let's get this LA meet up together! Hope everyone is feeling great!

I'd love to! I know there are a few meet up groups for expecting moms that go to brunch or do weekly walks too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi Ladies!

I'm fairly new to the Bump Boards. I'm in West LA and due June 22nd. Delivering at Cedars. Would love to make some local connections!
  • We can try to plan something in early May? Maybe Brentwood area or Sherman Oaks? Something with easy freeway and surface access? Does a Saturday brunch sound appealing?
  • @reverey‌ I found them on meetup.com and searched pregnant I'd love to do a brunch sometime too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd be down for a brunch, too! My vote is for Brentwood as I could walk. :)
  • Another vote for Brentwood!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Coral Tree? Love that place! :)
  • Hi peoples! New to the boards.  Currently living in LA, by Culver City. Delivery date is Sept 21.  I haven't done any classes and haven't been to any meet ups so it would be fun to meet some other prego ladies.  I'm at 18 weeks now so I'm slowly starting to not hate food...though I don't love it as much as I used to yet.  :/
  • Ok - so what is the meet up plan? Sometime in mid-May? What do we possibly think of May 11th (Sunday) at Coral Tree Cafe in Brentwood?
  • Ok scratch that - May 11th is Mothers Day! May 10th? Other suggestions?
  • Ooh so is this meetup for everyone here?  :D

The weekend after Mother's Day seems ideal since Mother's day weekend will be busy.
  • I can do 17th/18th at Coral Tree in Brentwood!
  • Have to confirm my plans - little bros birthday is the 18th so not sure if we are doing something. Saturday the 17th could work.
  • DTLAmomDTLAmom member
    Yay! I'd be up for it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well maybe we need to keep it more active - even if it is just a party of 3! Where are both of you delivering?
    @sarisosrWed65535 - I totally forgot to check back in on this thread! Delivering at St. Joe's in Burbank, my OB is Dr. Sofya/Dr. Pearson. How about you?
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Checca23 said:
    Hi all. I am in Burbank. Almost 31 weeks. Delivering at St. Joseph's in Burbank.
    @Checca23 - me too! I would really love to hear about your experience once you've delivered. And I am totally looking for Mom friends in my neighborhood!
    Southern California
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• FrodaBagginsFrodaBaggins member
    edited May 2014
    I so want to do a meetup but won't be able to make one on the West Side - it would be so great to have another one somewhere in the Valley? I'm back and forth between Burbank and Pasadena but also drive out to Northridge/Canoga Park quite often. Would love to meet the great ladies of this board!
    Southern California
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• DTLAmomDTLAmom member
    I can do wherever too! I love pasadena :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well maybe we need to keep it more active - even if it is just a party of 3! Where are both of you delivering?
    @sarisosrWed65535 - I totally forgot to check back in on this thread! Delivering at St. Joe's in Burbank, my OB is Dr. Sofya/Dr. Pearson. How about you?

Welcome back - I'm delivering at Cedars. Due 9/1 :>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"