August 2014 Moms
Options

Pregnancy/baby dream-Zombies

I haven't even watched TWD since the finale, but last night I had the weirdest dream that I was holed up in a safehouse with other zombie-pocalypse survivors, and was 8.5mo pregnant.

In this dream, I was apparently like one of those rice-field workers we always hear about, because skip ahead a few hours, and LO is born, and I'm up and walking around, while everyone else is a tad panicky.  The guys I'm with got all panicked, and sent a group out to look for diapers, some blankets, and formula.  Meanwhile I'm just trying to figure out wheres best to keep LO safe.

My alarm woke me up from an argument I was having with a "leader" about assuming I wouldn't at least attempt to BF.

It was a very weird dream.  No more Easter eggs before bed!

Baby Girl born 7/9/2014 at 34.5wks

Re: Pregnancy/baby dream-Zombies

• Options
    Haha! I've been having some crazy dreams too!
  • Options

Zombies are my BIGGEST FEAR EVER. Or, you know, some kind of sickness breaking out that turns everyone into crazy, blood thirsty beasts, like in 28 days later. Literally, I always plan escape routes of wherever I am, but I do my best not to think about it too much. It got SO much worse when I was pregnant and had kids, because now I have to worry about their safety, too.

I get it, I know it's more than likely never going to happen, but it's still a big fear of mine.

Funny story, when the Dawn of the Dead remake came out, I saw it in the theater a bunch of times. I know it's stupid, but I still love zombie movies/books/shows. I had gone to the theater to see it by myself once and decided to pretend I was being chased by a hoard. So I ran out to my car to see how well I would do (the parking lot was deserted) and ended up not only not being able to get into my car right away, but once I got the door open, I knocked myself on the head so hard that I had to sit and wait for awhile before driving.

Basically, I'd die in a second.

Lol, as long as someone else is slower than you, you'll be fine.

One of my biggest fears is epidemics.  Between my DH teaching in a high school, and me working EMS, we'd probably be some of the first to get sick, in an epidemic/pandemic.  Zombie, or otherwise.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whoa, I had a zombie dream last night too!

The zombie only wanted to eat my baby, so it was constantly chasing me. Then the zombie turned into a pack of wolves. I jumped into a truck, locked all the doors and laid down with my baby. The wolves scratched at the windows and ran away.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I don't watch any of those shows or movies but I had a zombie dream the other night!! It was weird.
  • Options
    Ck61 said:
    Not a zombie dream but I had some really messed up ones. I can't remember any of them clearly but I kept waking up going wtf.... Figures I finally get to sleeping well again and the damn dreams gotta start.

I have some pretty messed up/weird dreams, but this is the first one with LO.

Between my anxiety, my ptsd, my job, and my imagination, my dreams are weird to the point where I usually don't say anything about them, not even to DH.  I don't want him to judge me, lol.

• Options
    Haven't had a zombie dream yet. 

After this thread, I'm sure I'll have one tonight.  I will also be thinking about how to survive an epidemic/apocalypse type scenario for the rest of the day. 
    Do I keep my zombie child locked up?  Can I make it to my car without being eaten.  How well would I handle mild head trauma?  Where's the nearest exit door in this building?

Thanks a lot guys.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    Raclla said:
    Haven't had a zombie dream yet. 

After this thread, I'm sure I'll have one tonight.  I will also be thinking about how to survive an epidemic/apocalypse type scenario for the rest of the day. 
    Do I keep my zombie child locked up?  Can I make it to my car without being eaten.  How well would I handle mild head trauma?  Where's the nearest exit door in this building?

Thanks a lot guys.
    No problem!  Any time!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I had a cool zombie dream the other week after TWD finale. Not sure if it was cool when I was dreaming it, but looking back it was! Rick was in it at some point, something about a safe house, then being stuck in a car hiding from zombies. Sometimes I was the lead character seeing it through her eyes, sometimes it was as though I was watching a movie, weird camera angles and all.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH thinks I'm weird but all my dreams involve zombies lately
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"