August 2014 Moms
Options

Glider, rocker chair or armchair from ikea?

Hi ladies, I'm trying to decided what will be better for our nursery, my DH thinks that in whatever I'm more comfortable he's fine, but to be honest I have no idea I have tried the glider and armchair but, since I have been looking on craigslist for them, something tells me that the glider and rocker are not that practical after couple of years, so what of you think of have choose?

Re: Glider, rocker chair or armchair from ikea?

• Options
    Thanks ladies I love the idea of the ikea hack. But I'm obsess with washing everything that's why I was thinking on one of their armchairs
  • Options
    We were originally going to get one of the super nice gliders from Target but some budgetary things intervened and instead we also went with Poang from IKEA: 

I find it super comfortable and my husband loves it too, so I know we will move it to a different room once we don't need it in the nursery anymore. 
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have my heart set on an upholstered glider/rocker, but can't find any in my price range. I just don't like the look of regular gliders, and it's hard to find one with white wood that would match our white nursery furniture. 

This is exactly my problem, too.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options

I love the idea of the Ikea hack! I'll have to broaden my search to include chairs that can be modified as well.

We are trying to find an upholstered glider chair on Amazon. DH has a $510 gift card (from CC points). Our nursery furniture is a greyish color (Franklin & Ben Mason) and we're going with a mostly navy and white nautical theme, so I'm having a hard time finding the right chair...and of course, the chair I like best is $700. I'm about to just spend the extra $200. But it would be so nice to save that money for other items and get the rocker free!

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • Options
    zoegirlTX said:
    we opted to go with a higher end glider/recliner that we plan on eventually using in the entertainment room or TV area.  There are like 200+ fabrics, but it's got a nice high back (for resting), super comfortable, the legs extend out. The baby furniture store told us it was most popular & our friends have one too.

We are doing the same thing. We just got a rocker recliner that will be moved into the family room when its not practical in the baby's room anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"