December 2014 Moms

Let's talk about bras..

Anyone else already up a cup size?  I've been sleeping in sports bras to help with support.  All I can find are racer backs and I think they are causing pain in my upper back.  I guess the pain in my back could just be from the added weight up front, but I don't know.  Any recommendations for "sleeping" bras?

my read shelf:
Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Let's talk about bras..

• Up 2 cup sizes already. B to a D. I bought the sleep nursing bras from Target and they are great. They come in a two pack and are very comfy. I also got bigger bras since I was obviously popping out of the old ones and the girls are so much happier!  I just got regular bras for day time since I know I'll go up probably another cup size or two when my milk comes in; that's what happened with DS.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• I'm busting out of bras that fit just fine a week ago. I already have ginormous knockers, so I do not look forward to seeing how big they end up this time!
    Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
    Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
    Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

• Loading the player...
  • I almost murdered the woman in Motherhood Maternity over the weekend because she fit me for a 38E, said it should take me all the way through my pregnancy.  I'm normally a 36C so I am in panic mode.  Some of my original bras still fit but I'm definitely going to Victoria's Secret this weekend for 2 36D bras.  Walmart has cheapy bras that i like as less supportive sports bras.
  • I was very excited this weekend to buy my first bra larger than a C- I even called my mom to tell her I finally had boobs! except...it's only the right one that was busting out of a C-cup, the left one hasn't quite caught up yet! I only bought one bra for now, I know that even though I simply can't fathom I could ever need anything larger than a D it's quite likely I certainly will!
  • I started as a 34DDD and I don't even want to think about what I am now. Even hubby said something about how big they've gotten last night. It's so bad I cry when I take my bra off at night. During the day they are just big and swollen but at night, that's when it hurts the most. I am trying to hold off on buying new bra's until I (hopefully) level out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#1-BFP 1/5/14...EDD 9/19/14...MC 1/28/14
    #2 BFP 4/15/14...EDD 12/26/14

• I haven't went up a size yet but they are definitely feeling fuller.  After my 4 mile run this weekend, I had chafing under my boobs (this has never happened to me, not even in the marathon distance).  Any advise on sports bars for running to avoid this chafing? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hazel622 said:
    I haven't went up a size yet but they are definitely feeling fuller.  After my 4 mile run this weekend, I had chafing under my boobs (this has never happened to me, not even in the marathon distance).  Any advise on sports bars for running to avoid this chafing? 
    This was obviously before I was knocked up, but the only sports bras that didn't chafe for me when I was training for my marathon were the seamless ones from Nike

BFP #1: 4/7/14, EDD: 12/16/14 -- Missed Miscarriage - D&C  on 5/13 at 9 weeks
    BFP #2: 10/24/14, EDD: 07/04/15 -- Chemical Pregnancy confirmed 10/27
    BFP #3: 11/28/14, EDD: 08/06/15 -- Strong heartbeat at 6 weeks, Missed Miscarriage - D&C on 1/9 at 10 weeks

rainbows
  • ManateearmzManateearmz member
    edited April 2014
    Yep busting out of my largest bras. I never did find a size big enough with my last pregnancy. Not sure if anything has changed since then but the sales rep in motherhood maternity told me they don't carry anything larger than an E....really? I bet there are a ton of women that need a hellofa lot larger than that in pregnancy or after milk comes in.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• I started as a 34DDD and I don't even want to think about what I am now. Even hubby said something about how big they've gotten last night. It's so bad I cry when I take my bra off at night. During the day they are just big and swollen but at night, that's when it hurts the most. I am trying to hold off on buying new bra's until I (hopefully) level out. 
    Honestly, I'd spring for a new bra. My boobs were hurting sooo bad before I caved and got new bras and it's like I'm a new woman now. Having the right support and size can make all the difference.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• Hazel622 said:
    I haven't went up a size yet but they are definitely feeling fuller.  After my 4 mile run this weekend, I had chafing under my boobs (this has never happened to me, not even in the marathon distance).  Any advise on sports bars for running to avoid this chafing? 
    Doubling up on the sports bras is what has worked for me. Pre-pregnancy, I rocked sports bras from lululemon, but they were for my itty-bitties; now I'm wearing that one underneath plus a more supportive one on top from Target and they stay pretty well put.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• Honestly the no wire nursing bras are so freaking comfortable! And my boobs are huge. I'm already a G and am over filling the cup X( This didn't happen last time until 3rd tri so I hope they don't keep growing, but who knows at this point. I loathe bra shopping because nothing ever fits.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Anyone have good recommendations for where to get measured? Otherwise I'm probably just going to buy a size up and hope for the best - that sounds like the lazy solution

BFP #1: 4/7/14, EDD: 12/16/14 -- Missed Miscarriage - D&C  on 5/13 at 9 weeks
    BFP #2: 10/24/14, EDD: 07/04/15 -- Chemical Pregnancy confirmed 10/27
    BFP #3: 11/28/14, EDD: 08/06/15 -- Strong heartbeat at 6 weeks, Missed Miscarriage - D&C on 1/9 at 10 weeks

rainbows
  • the Motherhood Maternity sleeping nursing bra was the more comfortable thing I ever wore.

kath16 said:

Anyone have good recommendations for where to get measured? Otherwise I'm probably just going to buy a size up and hope for the best - that sounds like the lazy solution
    try Victoria's Secret and make sure you get one of the actual Fit Experts and not just a clerk

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Like Hazel, not bigger yet but definitely feeling fuller. I think I still have a D from when I weighed 40# more, but I kinda hope I don't get too much bigger lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I am 5'11 And weigh about 160. I have large breasticles for my frame anyway with a 34DD....I went to VS this weekend and bought a DDD....if they get much bigger I'm going to need to special order them. I have no idea how much that's going to cost....yikes!

***DD 5/15/2004***TTC #2 Since March 2012***Severe MFI*** LameBlog ***

CafeMom Tickers
  • I just went and bought 4 bras last night! Starting at 34b and bought mostly 36c last night! I still have a little room to grow into them and hoping I have to buy more eventually...sorry to you busty ladies, I would never know what that's like...I'm using pregnancy to take all I can get! :D
  • kath16 said:
    Anyone have good recommendations for where to get measured? Otherwise I'm probably just going to buy a size up and hope for the best - that sounds like the lazy solution

I just size myself.  Measure yourself right below your boobs on the ribcage.  Then measure at the fullest point of your bust.  The measurement around your bust is the number in your bra size.  The difference in inches between the two measurements determines your cup size, 1"-a, 2-b, 3-c and so on.  I measured myself last night 30" around the ribs, 35" around the bust so that would be a "35" DD since 35 doesn't exist in the bra world I can go 34DD (for a fuller bra) or 36DD (for a comfortable bra.)  Hopefully that made sense.

my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

• My breast never increase in size during pregnancy. I'm still breastfeeding, and my breast have already gone back down to my original size.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Mine definitely feel fuller, but I haven't needed to get new bras yet. I'm already a 32F so I'm dreading what I'll have to end up buying.. Hubby's happy though *shocker* lol

Married: 09/17/2011
    BFP#2: 08/25/2014 | EDD: 05/03/2015 | Born: 05/11/2015
    BFP#1: 04/13/2014  |  EDD: 12/17/2014  |  *Angel Baby*
    Momma to my FurBaby *Mac*

Anniversary

• chrissykzdchrissykzd member
    edited April 2014
    a friend told me to try this, says it's the most comfortable bra she's ever had. as soon as they get some back in stock, i'm ordering at least 2!

https://m.zulily.com/product/347412?tid=social_link_ref_sharelink_na_modal

ETA: link to bra

Pregnancy Ticker

• Nordstroms is the place to go to get measured! Plus they carry a big range in sizes. They can be expensive but they aren't usually pushy sales people so at least get measured! VS has never given me a size when measuring that actually fit.

How important is the no under wire thing? I was in a DDD(F) or DDDD(G) before getting pregnant and those aren't fitting now. I've never seen a cup size that big without wires... don't even get me started on the failure of sports bras! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm only a 34B and am just fuller at the moment. I hope all my bigger bras from last time are in a tub in my closet. I'm sure I'll need them soon.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 2JEL2JEL member
    Wanted to caution those of us who started out as D or larger about VS-- they only carry up to DDD and I believe their sales associates are trained to tell you to go up a band size when they don't have you cup size-- (i.e. if you are a 32F they'll just tell you that you are fine in a 34DDD)-- but this is not as good for you boobs or your back.  Once you find your size you can find reasonably priced bras for E/F+ online.

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
    2 Corinthians 12:9

• Prepregnancy I would always wear underwire/padded bras, 34 B, but now I'm only in soft lined bralettes.  If I wore anything push up I'd pop out of all my shirts haha.  I'm fitting into S/Ms with lots of boobage on top, so I'm guessing I'd be a C if I got sized.  Boobs are definitely large and in charge now haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"