C-sections
Options

Recovery panties/binders...what was your experience

I will have a RCS next month and used a generic binder the first time to help with bending up and down for support...I used high Hanes granny panties.  The binder seemed to cause me trouble if I wore it more than a few hours a day though (just a velcro  one that went around my waist).  It would make my stomach hurt and ride up and be uncomfortable.  Anyone try the C-panty?  Was it a pain with pads? Or the very expensive SRC Recovery Shorts (they're from Australia and have great reviews, but super pricey and look hot).  Thanks for sharing your experience!

Re: Recovery panties/binders...what was your experience

• Options

I think for my c-section with my daughter I just grabbed a couple of the net shorts from the hospital and used pads with those. From there I just used my regular underwear.

BabyFetus Ticker

Married to my love on 06-02-2007

Mikah Lucille born 03-02-2011

Baby Girl Zooey due October 2014

• Options
    I bought the bellefit corset style post partum binder. I got it on amazon. I wore the hospital one for the first week bc I didn't want to deal with anything underwear like besides the mesh panties and the bellefit one is a one piece that you step into. I wore a binder for the entire 4 weeks, only taking them off to handwash and dry them. I have not been wearing it as much, but I did appreciate the support it gave me. It came up high and made for a seamless look. Also I felt it held everything in for me. The only thing is that the bellefit binder has ribs and after a while it would start to dig into me a little. Check out the reviews on amazon. Good luck!

Check out my blog ---->  http://minismama.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took home extra undies from the hospital. I wore those for a week. Well 2 because the first week I was still in the hospital. I also experienced troubles with my binder and stopped using it because I felt better without it.
  • Options
    I also took home some of those mesh panties from the hospital but I really hated those giant pads they gave so I switched to regular high waisted panties and always ultra pretty quick. Never wore a binder of any kind. Is it supposed to go overtop your incision and all? I would think that would be pretty uncomfy... Personally I hated anything touching or rubbing on that area for a loooong time - not because of pain, more of a mental thing...
  • Options
    I've thought about getting a c-section compression band. Its like underwear but goes way up over your belly. Its got good reviews but I'm nervous to spend money on it and it not be what I expect or not fit right and hurt or whatever. That might be something you could look into as well. There are some on amazon for like $64
  • Options
    I just wore granny panties a few sizes too big. I tried spanxx and a binder ( not at the same time) but couldn't tolerate either one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the feedback.  I don't really want to invest in something too expensive (SRC recovery shorts) that I will wind up not liking.  I might try some thintastic spanx since they have good reviews and I could always wear them down the road once I'm fully recovered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"