Philadelphia Babies
Options

Prenatal Yoga?

I was thinking about doing either prenatal yoga or pilates. I am 14 weeks right now and want to stay in shape and I heard it helps during labor.

Has anyone done classes? If so, where in Philly? Also, do you think it was helpful and would you recommend one over the other? (prenatal yoga vs pilates)

Thanks!

Re: Prenatal Yoga?

• Options
    I am sure there are plenty of classes in Philadelphia if you just google prenatal yoga.  I know that The Yoga Den in KOP offers prenatal classes and so does Awaken in Media.
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
    Me (28) DH (29), Married 7.20.12
    TTC since April 2013

BFP 1.6.14
    EDD: 9.16.14
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    YogaTree in Riverton, NJ (super close to philly) has prenatal yoga...and an ice cream store nearby lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Ethan Christopher 7/7/11 www.noreenturner.com
  • Options
    Thank you all!
  • Options
    Mama's Wellness Joint has classes daily as well as a lot of other pregnancy services.
  • Options
    I did Prenatal Yoga at Yoga Garden on 9th & South and I loved it. I felt it really helped with delivery.
  • Options
    Did any of you feel you need some yoga experience prior to the prenatal classes? I've never done yoga before at all, so I'm a little nervous.
  • Options
    vsdvsd member
    Shanti Yoga Shala on 12th and Spruce is awesome!  I wouldn't say it's a workout exactly, but it is very calming and it ensures that you stretch well.  A great way to clear your mind.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I'm only 8wks and my doctor also just recommended yoga and/or pilates. Does anyone know when it is best to start??
  • Options
    You can start at any point. If you're feeling well, I'd say go ahead and jump in. I started as soon as my nauseua died down. FYI: The Yoga Garden has stopped offering prenatal classes. I started there and then moved to Mama's Wellness when they stopped offering prenatal.
  • Options
    Mama's wellness joint is amazing! 11th and pine
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I go to Thrive Pilates at 20th & Walnut
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"