C-sections
Options

post c section body

so i dont normally see alot of discussion about this or advice anywhere but i am going to ask anyways. My stomach (now 5 months post partum) is still a huge saggy pouch. i mean i can literally pick up my stomach flap. I had 2 friends that had babies at the same time (Within a few weeks) of me and they were both vaginal and their stomachs looks nothing like mine. is this a csection thing? How to i make the skin flap go away? Certain exercises? i am worried it will never go back. i dont care about the stretch marks but the flap thing is making me very self conscious around my husband.

Re: post c section body

• Options
    I don't necessarily think it's a c/s thing. I know plenty of women who had vaginal births and still have the flap. For me, it's gotten a little worse with each baby (just had #3). But I also find that my body does not even begin toning up until after I wean no matter what I do. I hold on to the last 10-15 lbs and the muscles just sag until then. It must be hormonal. Then after I wean, within a couple months, the weight is gone and suddenly those muscles start to tone back up and the skin gets tighter. Not like pre baby but better. So I say give it more time.

• Options
    Not sure it's a cs thing by a few of my friends who had vag deliveries did get their completely flat stomachs back at about 6 weeks pp while I was still sporting a pudgy 'pillow' for several months. No skin flap though. Similar to OP, my stomach didn't lose all the pudge till I weaned my DD. After we stopped BFing, within literally 2 weeks I dropped like 10lbs without trying and got back to my old shape. Couldn't believe it too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well that certainly gives me hope. We plan to continue BF until she is one (hopefully i wont dry up) so i will give it more time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"