3rd Trimester
Options

STM and fluid leakage

Hey guys I'm a first time mom freaking out. I went to LandD on Saturday for no movement for about 5 hours, and found our baby is perfect but my fluid is 9.6 went for a follow up Monday and it was 8.7. Anyone else have experience with this and what was the out come? TIA

Re: STM and fluid leakage

• Options
    Did your doctor seem concerned? That small of a difference from one measurement to another seems more related to different baby positioning and/or measurement error. I had fluid go from 11 to 5. That is a big change. Now my fluid varies by 1cm-ish and I get it measured 2x a week. No one seems concerned about small variances.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Also, I'm mobile and can't see how far along you are, but that fluid level seems pretty okay. Then again my fluid is really low, so anything on the low end of normal seems good to me.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Focus on drinking lots of water for the time being. It can help to replenish fluid levels. Your doctor will tell you if you need to do anything else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You probably did not leak...fluid levels vary a bit at any given time. I had minemeasured 7 times in my 3rd tri & it varied from 6.6cm to 10cm. As long as you stay at 5 or above you can expect a normal length, healthy pregnancy, vaginal delivery. You will probably just need extra monitoring to keep track if the fluid level.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"