Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

sleep regression help

Hi there.  I so need to hear some solutions to Miss Eva waking up in the middle of the night again (for about 2 weeks).  Now we just had to move her into a bed but this started well before that.  I don't know what else to do other than go into her room and help her back to sleep but that feels like I'm setting us up to do that forever!!  Eva is often one that likes to cry it out and figure it out on her own but not this time.  She is hardly asleep but will cry and cry and cry until either I or hubby go in there.  It sounds like this is more common than not so I am looking for any and all suggestions to help us past this...

Re: sleep regression help

• Options
    My DS did this for a couple of months and then she stopped.  We both took turns going in an getting her settled again and then she went back to sleep.  It is maddening but eventually she stopped on her own...just a phase.  My advice...ride it out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PP, it's a phase so just ride it out.  Kids will go through so many sleep phases...even if they have slept through the night consistently for awhile, they're likely to go through a few phases when they don't.  Just go in, settle her and ride it out.  I wouldn't make a habit of staying in her room any longer than necessary.  When DS2 wakes up, I go in there, hand him a paci if he needs it, cover him up, pat his back for a second, then leave.  I try not to talk to him or engage him, just comfort and leave.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How often is it? Once a night or more? This happens a lot and we go through phases. If it is just once a night for a week or so, I go in and rub her back and leave. If it got to being more, I probably would do something differently, but its easy enough for me- I am only up for 5 mins.
  • Options
    It was more than once a night for a while and now we are at once a night.  Last night was better, I could've and just should've put her blanket back on her and rubbed her back but we've been in the habit of picking her up for a few cuz she has been UP up when we get in there until last night.  Hopefully we are headed toward some relief for a bit
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"