Babies on the Brain
Options

New job, missed period, negative test, and my worries!

I just got a great job opportunity, but it's a contract position. At the end of 90 days they review and keep you on or let you go if it doesn't work out. 

I am now 4 days late for my period with negative tests. It's possible I'm pregnant, but it got me thinking about what would happen with my work situation if I am. I'm nervous that since I'm a contractor if I am pregnant they may not renew the contract. I know legally that can't be a reason, but let's be honest...people do this anyway. 

Has this ever happened to you, or have you been in a similar situation? Do you have any legal weight as a contractor in these situations?

I know I'm worrying before anything happens, but it's something I never thought about until now and now I'm curious. Thanks!
Trying to Conceive Ticker
Anniversary

Re: New job, missed period, negative test, and my worries!

• Options
    You don't tell them you are pg until the offer is signed. You have zero obligations to tell them anything about your health.
  • Options
    How do you know you are late? Do you chart? Other than that, I agree with MW.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MW is totally right! Just don't tell them anything. Besides you mentioned it's a new job. It could just be stress from everything. Just take a breath and take each day at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"