Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Just a vent

Ticker warning.

So how many of my friends can be pregnant all at once? All of them?! Seems like it. I actually cried for the first time in a few weeks when I saw a picture of my friend's pregnant belly (she's due when I was). And of course they are all due within a month of what was supposed to be my due date (oct). On top of that, my sil just found out she is pregnant. They've been trying for 5 years and after one IUI they got a positive pregnancy test today. My DH told them congrats but tried to carefully warn that when it's that early, especially with fertility issues, just to pray a lot and know anything can happen. Well... They posted their positive pregnancy test on Facebook - their IUI was just 3 weeks ago. I'm extremely nervous for them and trying to stay positive, but... Their naivety is just upsetting. They've been trying for so long for that positive test that I think they are trying to ignore all negatives. I don't feel like I should say anything to them, but it's really hard to watch. We are of course hoping things work out for them, but my dh's brother is pretty emotional so we are worried about them. No real point, I guess, just needed to chat and knew you ladies would understand.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just a vent

• I'm sorry you're having a rough time. As for your SIL, there's nothing wrong with announcing early. Them announcing is not going to change the future. After trying for five years to get a positive I wouldn't blink an eye if they wanted to hire a sky writer and scream from the rooftops.

Sure, it's scary knowing what can happen. But If they're to the point of doing IUIs, I would guess they know their risks.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • @EllyD14‌ I agree there is nothing wrong with announcing early. I think with my last loss I'm just a bit jaded and am so worried about them if it doesn't turn out positively as we all hope. It's their first pregnancy and although I know they've heard the risks, they are a bit of a 'believe it and it will be real' type of family. So it's doubly hard because of my recent loss plus knowing they are still in a risky period. But you're right - they are adults and know the risks so I really just need to keep sending them happy thoughts (as I have been).

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"