Baby Names

Ok so not many people like Addison. WDYT about Adalyn?

Is Adalyn liked better then Addison? Also there's Adeline... I'm assuming they are pronounced differently? LYN and LINE?

Re: Ok so not many people like Addison. WDYT about Adalyn?

• NerdyLucyNerdyLucy member
    edited April 2014
    I prefer Adeline over Adelyn, but I prefer either over Addison. 

See the links below. 

Http://www.behindthename.com/name/adelyn 

Also, I like Adelaide. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm not an expert, but I would pronounce them different (-lynn and -line like you said). I think the -lynn sounding ending still seems trendy... so I'm not a fan.

I like Adeline if it's pronounced like -line. 

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Super bored with anything ending in -lyn or -son/syn. So overdone.

Adeline is beautiful.
    My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • As someone suggested, I really like Adelaide. 2nd choice would be Adeline (pronounced -line).
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I much prefer Adelyn over Addison.  And I prefer Adeline to both.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's worse.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I don't care for either Adalyn or Adaline (the latter is better than the former). I really like Adelaide and Adele, though.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Luhdashuh said:

Eh, I'm kind of burnt out on this trend. First it was Madison, Madeline x 100 different spellings and then people moved onto Addison and Adeline x 100 different spellings, resulting in millions of Addie's and Maddie's running around playgrounds.

Either is better than Addison, but I'm so meh on both I don't have a preference because, this ^
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • But I thought we were all rude?

• Neither of those names catch my fancy, sorry. I like Adele though.
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Love Adele!

I'm agreeing with PP that I'm sick of all the numerous names that lead to the nn Addie and Maddie.

• But I thought we were all rude?

Are you talking to me? Lol.
  • I adore Addison personally. 
  • Just curious what everyone's style is? I'm interested to know what yalls different style is..
  • Do you want an honest opinion or just a smile and a fake yes, its nice? I wouldnt want to be rude.
  • mjreilly2 said:

Just curious what everyone's style is? I'm interested to know what yalls different style is..

There is a GTKY post with 3 pages of responses. One of the questions is about people's naming style and what they dislike.

Thank ya!! Ok so I may sound silly but I haven't been on here much except during this pregnancy and I'm only 17 weeks so what does GTKY mean?
  • Do you want an honest opinion or just a smile and a fake yes, its nice? I wouldnt want to be rude.

Oh no... honest opinions are welcome. That's what I want. Thank you for asking. I have had however some pretty down right rude things said but even it that case I give it a glance and skip over so go ahead lol... let loose...
  • mjreilly2 said:

mjreilly2 said:

Just curious what everyone's style is? I'm interested to know what yalls different style is..

There is a GTKY post with 3 pages of responses. One of the questions is about people's naming style and what they dislike.

Thank ya!! Ok so I may sound silly but I haven't been on here much except during this pregnancy and I'm only 17 weeks so what does GTKY mean?
    Get to know you. General questions to get to know other posters on the board.

Oh that's awesome. Ok, thanks!!
  • I love Adelaide, Adeline and Adelina.  I really don't like Adelyn.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • macchiattomacchiatto member
    edited April 2014
    I much prefer Adelyn over Addison.  And I prefer Adeline to both.
    Me, too.
    I had a Tante Adeline (pr. add-uh-LINE) and have always loved that name. I don't like Adelaide at all though. (It's one of those names I want to like, but I find it awkward-sounding.)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I like adelyn
  • Adelaide > Adeline >
    Adalyn > Addison is how I'm putting ranking these in my head. I am really over the addy trend but I do love the classic appeal of Adelaide (grandma's. MN) and Adeline. I like PP suggestion of Adele too. Other ideas that start with vowels I like are
    Isla
    Aria
    Eleanor
    Eliza
    Adrienne
    Elodie

• Adaline is okay. I orefer Ada, Adelaide or Adele though.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"