August 2014 Moms
Options

WWYD? NBR

Hey guys, would like your thoughts on a sensitive subject. I was supposed to be a bridesmaid in a wedding coming up in a few weeks. Bride-to-be called me yesterday and she has called off the wedding. She is very upset and I feel so bad. We live a 3 hour drive away from each other so I would like to send her something. Would it be in poor taste for me to send her an edible arrangement or something on the day the wedding would have been? Or should I do that at a different time? I want her to know I'm here for her but at the same time I don't want to rub it in her face if that makes sense.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD? NBR

• Options
    I agree with a distraction. The arrangement would be a nice idea if you can't make the trip. Even a phone call to let her know you are thinking of her!

As someone who called off a wedding, I know it would have been nice to know someone was thinking about me that day.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Why not both? Send a card or something now AND something small later the day of?
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Send food?

I'd probably want to eat away my feelings, in that situation.  Maybe sending some sort of delicous delivery, and then segway into maybe a spaday, camping trip, or something to "get away" from the day, for the weekend of the wedding?

A daytrip or something.

Baby Girl born 7/9/2014 at 34.5wks

• Options
    I'd say send a card or arrangement now, and either make plans or make yourself available that weekend for her if she wants the distraction. Sounds like you are a good friend and bridesmaid!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, the day of the wedding was supposed to be on a Saturday. Good ideas about planning a girls day for that weekend (if she's up to it) instead of sending something the day of, and sending her something small now. I think she'd really appreciate us taking her out. Thanks for all of the suggestions!

• Options
    Distraction seems to be the best idea.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    When I went through a rough break up my best friend sent me some awesome movies, tissues, Oreos, trashy magazines, and other fun little things. It was really sweet and thoughtful.
    Even if you can't make it out to visit her, she'll appreciate the thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"