December 2013 Moms
Options

Hello Everyone

I haven't been around in awhile, life has been busy.

Andrew is now 5 months old, (3 months actually) and is doing well. He is in physical therapy because he is a little behind on where he should be on some physical milestones, such as being able to hold his head up while on his stomach. As far as growth goes, he's doing well, and is almost 15 pounds, but is shorter. He's kind of compact at the moment haha. They expect him to be a tall boy though so I'm sure he will catch up. I'm not worried about it. He's still fitting into 3 month clothes, but is starting to fit into more of his 6 month clothes. He's growing up so fast I can't believe it. We're going to start transitioning him to his crib in his own room this weekend after getting clearance from his doctor tomorrow. His legs almost dangle out of his rock and play! He's now smiling, and laughing, blowing bubbles, and attempting to suck his thumb. He loves bath time, and getting kisses. His favorite games are the "so big" game, where we extend his arms out and say "sooooooooooo big!" and the "stinky foot" game, where we take his feet out and lift them up so he can see and we smell them and pretend that they are stinky and say "OH P.U! Stinky feet!!" He thinks this is just absolutely hilarious and laughs hysterically. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me.

My fiance and I have moved our wedding date to next year in May. We just ran out of time to get everything ready by October, and I honestly wanted a spring wedding anyways. So HA, I win.
Fancy dog was neutered on St. Patricks day, and he's much happier. We decided with everything going on in our lives right now that we don't have time to breed and since we didn't the obvious responsible move was to neuter him (duh.) He now has a new friend, his half sister (same dad) from the same breeder. He loves her and she's just a hoot. She's totally a little sister and will run up to him and pull out his mane and beard hair and run away with it in his mouth. She tackles him while he's sleeping, steals his toys, and pretty much just tortures him, but he loves it and they're best friends. 

Things with myself haven't been the greatest. I underwent another blood transfusion after having the two previously. I'm seeing a cardiologist due to my hypertension that hasn't come down since Andrew was born and the whole fiasco. My body is retaining water and they thought my kidneys were failing. I was put on a diuretic and in two weeks lost about 15 pounds of water weight. Needless to say I've spent a lot of time on the toilet peeing my life away. It makes me feel like I'm pregnant again haha. I had a renal u/s yesterday and will know results of that in about a weeks time. Basically the only thing that is still a major issue is my BP. It runs anywhere from the upper 170's/130's to 140s/90s. I'm still at a high risk for stroke, so I'm being monitored and have doctor appointments quite frequently. I found out that since I had slightly high BP before becoming pregnant (it's hereditary from my dad's side) that I should have been watched better and been considered a high risk pregnancy. I never was. My cardiologist (He's amazing and I just love him) couldn't believe that my OB never had me come in when I called the whole week prior to Andrew being born. He was absolutely furious. He said he can't believe I'm alive, it's a miracle because HELLP syndrome is almost always fatal to either the mom, baby, or both. He told me that if I would have been watched like I should have been that this more than likely never would have happened. It makes me so sad and furious that my OB didn't take the time to give a shit, to put it lightly. Not only did it risk my life, it risked my son's. Complete negligence. I have made it my mission to inform pregnant women about HELLP syndrome. Regardless of my health issues, I am starting school again in a few weeks here to begin my Masters degree program in Nursing to become a family nurse practitioner, specializing in high risk obstetrics. 

My dad is finally coming home from Afghanistan in June. Unfortunately he's being laid off, but he's coming home. They are closing all of the bases there and he just got his information this week. We're pretty happy, but hoping he will be able to get a job when he comes home.

My family and I are going through a rough time right now, as we found out this past weekend that my aunt has been diagnosed with stage 3 inflammatory breast cancer. It's very aggressive, and fast growing. Her outlook isn't great, but she is starting chemo this week, and had her port put in yesterday. She will also be having an MRI so see if it has already spread. Good vibes/prayers/positive thoughts would be appreciated. She is only 53.

I hope everyone's babies are happy and healthy, and I hope everyone had a great Easter. I'm finally ready to start planting some flowers after this long bitch ass winter. HA!
Also, I will check in here every now and again, however if anyone would like to stay in contact with me, PM me and I can give you my e-mail, instagram, or whatever.

Here are a few pictures of Andrew.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage

Re: Hello Everyone

• Options
    Sounds like you have a lot going on right now!  Andrew is absolutely adorable!  I hope things with you start looking up very soon, but I am glad to hear that Andrew is doing well.

• Options
    jy725jy725 member
    It is nice to see an update from you! I am so glad that Andrew and you are doing well. Stay strong momma!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad to see you guys are doing good! I hope to see more updates!! I sent you a PM a while back!
  • Options
    Thank you for the update. I'm glad your little guy is doing good and that you found a rock star cardiologist.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    malamutemommymalamutemommy member
    edited April 2014
    SailorTink haha dude our carpet is old as balls. i vacuum every day and i have a kickass carpet cleaner!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    malamutemommymalamutemommy member
    edited April 2014
     BrandyMarks I just saw that!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    So glad to hear all is well with your LO (he's so stinkin' cute!!) and I hope your recovery continues to improve. I've been thinking about you guys ever since I read your birth story. You will be such a great advocate for HELLP!
  • Options
    tyedyeme12tyedyeme12 member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you so much for the update!!! I'm so glad Andrew is doing well, and I will keep praying for you and your family!

My LOs name is Andrew too! Glad to hear he is well and you are getting the care you need! Prayers for your family.
  • Options
    My LOs name is Andrew too! Glad to hear he is well and you are getting the care you need! Prayers for your family.
  • Options
    I've been thinking of you and so glad to get an update! So great about Andrew doing well and I'll be praying for your health as well as your aunt. And that's awesome that you're going into a field 9 nursing that hits so close to home! GL!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Glad things are going better, for the most part. LO is adorable.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm so glad you've updated us! It's so great you're going back to get your masters, that's awesome!! Andrew is adorable, that blue bunny outfit is too cute!!! Sending a prayer for your aunt, hugs to her. Hope you get some answers soon too, cannot believe your OB didn't catch anything before you had Andrew. You have definitely been through a lot, I'm so glad you and your LO are doing good overall though! I'm on IG, I'll send you a PM next time I'm on my computer! :)

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • Options
    SOOOO Happy to see you. Not gonna lie, I was really worried that something bad had happened. Your little man is adorable! Love the bunny costume. Glad that you have such a caring cardiologist. Hopefully they can get your health better controlled. Hugs to you lady!
  • Options
    Glad your back ! Sorry about your aunt . Your LO is super cute !
  • Options
    Glad to see an update on you! Sorry things are still rough, but that's wonderful that you have such a great dr in your cardiologist. Your little guy is so cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So glad to see this update!! Your little man is so stinking adorable! I'm sorry to hear that you are still dealing with health issues, I cannot imagine how frustrating that must be. It's great that you finally have a doc that you can trust. Hang in there, mama, we are all rooting for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"