Nurseries and Baby Gear

Which carrier?

I have a Baby K'tan breeze and an Ergo already. We have a relative who wants to buy us something practical for baby #2, and I think I'd like a different baby carrier for the newborn stage. Baby is due end of July, and it will be 100+ degrees here pretty much every day for the first month of her life. I never felt like DS was secure enough in the K'tan and I will sweat to death in the Ergo. It doesn't need to be a carrier that "grows" with baby, as I liked my Ergo a lot and will likely use that once summer is over and baby is bigger. The BabyHawk Mei Tai sounds appealing, but I don't know how it would work temperature wise. A Ring Sling also seems nice, but not sure how that would work with chasing a toddler around while baby wearing.

So what would you recommend is best for the newborn stage, but also not stifling hot to use? 
One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
DS born 3.12 
DD born 7.14

Re: Which carrier?

• If you don't get an answer here I recommend asking on the Attachment Parenting board.  They tend to use baby carriers a lot and are usually happy to suggest types and brands to best work!

• The K'Tan Breeze you already have is perfect for hot weather and the newborn stage.  What didn't you like about the k'tan?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • The K'Tan Breeze you already have is perfect for hot weather and the newborn stage.  What didn't you like about the k'tan?

I think i should have gotten a smaller size. I never felt like DS was that secure in it ever. He was 3 months old by the time I first put him in it though so maybe it wouldn't be as bad with a newborn? I don't know.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • My friend swears by her Sakura Bloom. They're expensive but her baby is almost 1 and she's still using it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That was probably it.  It was probably too big.  I used it with my 1 week old and it was very snug.  I never felt like he was going to fall out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Yes the k'tan is perfect for newborns if it's the right size. If you just started using it at 3 mos, I can see why you didn't love it. DD is 10 weeks now and starting to kill my back. I'd ask for a new k'tan and start using it early. I had a c/s so didn't use it till 3 weeks but it is a life saver!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"