August 2014 Moms
Options

There was a spider on me!

So yeah just lying here in bed watching Believe, and I felt a fluter feeling on my arm. I swat at it thinking fly or moth and hit something, thinking moth I grab and throw, turn on light and it's a huge ass spider!!!!!

I get up squish it and now I can't even think about sleep! Omg what if it's spidey friends are close!

It is going to be a long night thinking every little wisp of air is a damn spider!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: There was a spider on me!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    That's my worst nightmare. I must have been killed by a spider in a past life because spider dreams are the only ones that wake me mid-sleep in a cold sweat. *shudder*
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Teacher 2007 * Wife 2011 * Proud A14 Momma * Seattle, WA
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I understand my house is going to have spiders. It's old and we live out in the sticks but they need to stay the hell out of my bed!

Thinking the hubs will have to put down some borax around the outside of the house or get a cat.

• Options
  • Options
    Every time I have a spider dream, we wash the sheets. It doesn't keep spiders out of your bed, but will give you peace of mind that there's not already one in the sheets!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Teacher 2007 * Wife 2011 * Proud A14 Momma * Seattle, WA
  • Options

I don't mind spiders...now centipedes are another story.

I've never seen one in my current house, but growing up they lurked around at night in the summer.  I have stepped on one after getting out of the shower...and have seen them crawling on my bed.  **shiver**

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    I don't do much have a problem with spiders, except if they are the huge ones. It's bees I have a HUGE phobia of. I won't open up my windows in my house because I'm afraid one of those things are gonna fly in and get me. Ughh.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • Options
    I worked at a sleep away camp for many summers and the cabins had bats and mice. On more then one occasion I woke up to a mouse scurrying across my arm while I was sleeping in my bunk bed. AWFUL! We had sticky traps everywhere but those stupid things always found a way...
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    I was told that peppermint oil repels them I've never tried it though

Peppermint oil does work but you have to reapply it frequently. When we bought our house I thought it was awesome that there was a balcony of our master. Not so awesome because it's a great entry point for spiders. YUCK! Also weirdest thing. We get those little jumpy spiders on the screens to our windows. I don't know what it is but it's like every window has 1-3 of them on it at a time. I'm really trying to stay away from the pest control chemicals but I'm close to breaking down and calling my bug guy.
  • Options
    I don't mind spiders or bugs in general.

However, if I'm in bed and feel something I can't SEE....That's a level of crazy person that defies all logic. 

Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
  • Options
    I HATE June bugs as well

Ughh. I hate those too! Really anything that flies, except butterflies. Those, those I can deal with.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • Options

Thats pretty freaky. Reminds me of the time we were staying at my in-laws. It was early one morning I was sleeping in bed and I felt something light touch my face. I thought it was my bangs blowing so i moved them and rolled over. Yeah.....rolled over to find a ROACH on my pillow, trying to scurry away. I screamed and woke the whole house. I was disgusted!!

First off ROACHES are world's worst to me. Since then I have a complex about going to sleep at their house.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"