May 2013 Moms
Options

How do you feed a baby soup?

So I'm probably waaaaay over thinking this, but how do you feed a baby soup?  Many friends have made soup for their LO's and I don't get it.  It's not a finger food, and I don't see how you can fit any on the baby friendly spoons.  What am I missing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How do you feed a baby soup?

• Options
    My mom tells me to do this all the time but I'm in the same boat as you. From what she explains to me if you're making it home made you can puree the veggies and add it to the broth to make it a thicker consistancy so it is easier to feed to a baby. I haven't tried it though! Would love to hear the responses.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I give mine tomato soup alot esp when sick to get him extra liquids.. I usually smash up crackers in it to make i thicker..when he was a lil younger I added some baby rice cereal to it to thicken it up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @trademama do you thicken it or is it still very brothy?

I guess I think of the way I classlessly slurp soup and don't know if the LO's have that skill yet.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    we give her less liquid, more "stuff" when we make soup and give her some. we've never really given her soup like tomato soup where there is no "stuff" though.
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I put little pieces of bread in it or white/brown rice. Soaks up most of the soup and makes it a lot easier to feed her without the huge mess.

• Options
    @smg2302 I'm probably the wrong person to ask... I don't do anything special to food anymore. I feed him soup that's the same consistency as everyone else. He does fine... He loves onion soup and tomato soup. Those deep spoons at Chinese food places are good. I don't let him hold the spoon, though.
  • Options
    I give Rachel broccoli cheddar soup and chili on a take and toss spoon all the time and it works just fine.  I've done veggie soup with a little broth and let her pick up the pieces then spoon the broth.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

This discussion has been closed.