Blended Families
Options

Intro :)

Hello ladies!
I've been lurking here and a few other boards for quite some time and finally decided to make an account and say hello! A little background, I am divorced and have a DD from that marriage who is 4 years old. I am now with the love of my life. He and I have been friends since we were 5 years old ( I personally thinks it makes a very cute love story.. just my opinion tho ;) ). We are not married but we do plan to be at some point. We are secure in our relationship, just feel no need to legalize it at this time. Not to mention we want to have the wedding of our dreams (something I did not get with my ex), which will cost a small fortune! We plan on having a couple more kiddos at some point as well. Currently we are certainly not ttc, however I am not on any form of BC and we alternate between condoms and withdrawal as it suits us. We would be surprised if we got pregnant right now, but happy just the same.
    My DD is doing fairly well with the transitions in her life. She has expressed to me her fear of being replaced when DH (that's what I'll call him for simplicity) and I have a baby. Once I explained to her that any new babies would be her siblings she seemed to feel much better about it. Sometimes she absolutely adores DH and sometimes she wants nothing to do with him. For the first few months after knowing him as more then just mommies friend she would get angry when we showed ANY affection.
    I have worried that I'm not doing everything I can to make this easier on her and to help her understand. However, with every passing day she has become more and more accepting and even happy with the situation.
    I look forward to meeting you all, and am very excited about the potential support from all of you lovely TB ladies :)
<imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker>

Re: Intro :)

• Options
    Welcome and good luck with everything.

How long have you and your SO been dating? How long have you been divorced? Is BD active in DD's life?

Not asking to be nosy. Just asking to get a clearer view of what your DD is going through.

And consistency is the key in anything with children. If they know what to expect, eventually they can adjust.
  • Options
    Thank you :) SO and I have been dating for 10 months and I have been divorced for 18 months. BD is very active in DDs life and we are still on good terms. He is actually dating an old friend of mine and I'm very happy about it because I could not have hand picked a better potential SM for my DD.
    <imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck with everything. It's a wonderful thing when exes can get along enough to co-parent. I hope it all continues smoothly for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"