August 2014 Moms
Options

Ugh... sleeping sitting up

I had to do this with both my previous pregnancies.  I get horrid horrid indigestion, and always end up sleeping sitting up from about 20-25ish weeks to 30-35ish weeks,  All of that timing depending on how I'm carrying little one, when he starts to descend, etc...

Welp!  Here we are 22 weeks today and I'm sitting up in bed.  I hate this part, and I can't even use husband as extra "leaning support" because he's not here :-/  Anyone else sleeping upright these days?  If all goes as it has in the past, I'll be able to lie flat between 1 and 3 in the morning (Unless I drink water in the middle of the night, God forbid)

Re: Ugh... sleeping sitting up

• Options
    No indigestion here, but I'm not a fan of sleeping on my side so for a few hours each night I've propped myself up to sitting in bed. It's a nice respite from the side sleeping, and then I go back to that for a few hours.

image    image
  • Options
    MC03MC03 member
    If Prilosec didn't exist I wouldn't be able to sleep at all. It's my miracle drug. Seriously.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With both previous pregnancies I did. It's miserable. I'm not there yet, but I know it's merely a matter of time.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Have you tried drinking a small glass of milk? That usually helps mine go away.

• Options
    I feel you ladies.  I had literally never had heartburn in my life until I got pregnant.  The first time I had it, I thought I was having a heart attack.  

I've started eating earlier - like, early bird special early - and then having a tiny dish of ice cream before bed tends to help keep it under control .
    Started TTGP July 2013  ~  BFP! 11/21/13  ~   TEAM PINK!!!  

**Josephine Aimee** born 5/21 at 29 weeks 2 days

You should know how great things were before you. Even so, they're better still today.  
    Now I can't think who I was before you ruined everything in the nicest way <3

image  image

imageimageimage

• Options
    +RBL++RBL+ member
    No indigestion or heart burn yet, but I am sleeping sitting up.

I have some bad congestion/drainage and the only way I can breathe is sitting up.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I only have heart burn when pregnant and when it gets really bad I have to sleep sitting up and it stinks! It's so not restful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    BFP#1 10/11/11 - DD born 6/6/12;   
    BFP#2  7/6/13 - Due 3/8/13, MMC at 12w  D&C on 8/31/13;    
    BFP #3  11/26/13 - Due 8/6/14
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I don't ever get heart burn, but I do get acid reflux.. Both now and before pregnancy. Anyone else get dysphagia? Where you feel like there's food lodged in your throat?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"