September 2012 Moms
Options

Monday musings

Might as well start with something controversial. I'm pro-choice, but I think there should be a limit on the number of abortions a woman can get if she's obviously using it as a form of birth control. This brought to you by my sister-in-law telling me that her cousin's ex-girlfriend/baby mama had six abortions before giving birth to their son (no idea why she decided to have him and her younger daughter). Apparently, baby daddy does not believe in protection, which is why he also has kids with two other women (considering he's spent most of his adult life in jail, it's kind of amazing that he keeps managing to father kids during his time on the outside). I say, just because he doesn't believe in protection doesn't mean she can't. Aside from any moral/ethical feelings on abortion(s), I can't imagine that's good for the woman's body to keep going through that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Monday musings

• Options
    I can be controversial on that topic too.  I am pro-life.  I am saddened by the immediate jump to termination when there is the potential that something is wrong with an unborn baby.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not even going to comment on what someone should or should not do if they learn something is potentially wrong with their baby.  I haven't been there and I can't even imagine how that feels.

I can say that I truly believe that a woman is in need of serious mental health counseling if she would put her body through six abortions because her boyfriend doesn't believe in protection.  Regardless of pro-life or pro-choice opinions, that is just a serious lack of taking responsibility for yourself.
    I'm not either, I can't imagine being in those shoes, I just get sad about it.  I'm not judging anyone or anything, because I don't their life or convictions, etc.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    MRoxy0628MRoxy0628 member
    edited April 2014
    I am not even going to comment on what someone should or should not do if they learn something is potentially wrong with their baby.  I haven't been there and I can't even imagine how that feels.

I agree with the above statement wholeheartedly. 

@melody921 Do you believe this person really had 6 abortions?  It's probably my naivete, but I think people sometimes exaggerate these things, which isn't to say there aren't people who do use abortion as a form of birth control.  I agree that this person needs some counseling to help her work through the issues that are leading her to make these decisions.

eta: fixed  tag
  • Options
    MRoxy0628 said:

I agree with the above statement wholeheartedly. 

@melody921 Do you believe this person really had 6 abortions?  It's probably my naivete, but I think people sometimes exaggerate these things, which isn't to say there aren't people who do use abortion as a form of birth control.  I agree that this person needs some counseling to help her work through the issues that are leading her to make these decisions.

eta: fixed  tag
    I have no idea. The number just startled me. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd tell people if it were not true, you know? Agree with everyone who said counseling is in order if this is truly the case.

• Options
    Not commenting on the right or wrong, but in some countries post WWII (especially the Soviet bloc) this was sadly really common.  I say sadly not as a judgment on abortion, but because it was the only widely available birth control so women didn't have a choice.  And after half a dozen abortions, many women had serious medical side effects and infertility.  

So I will say, I sideeye any doc or practice that would dole out six abortions to a woman, no questions asked, solely on the basis of medical issues (psychological issues aside).  I hope that isn't what happened.
  • Options
    Stasi said:

Paci weaning isn't going so hot in our house. It got so bad last night this happened:image

This is my biggest fear. I hope you're able to get some sleep--in your own bed-- soon!!
  • Options
    Grace had her evaluation today.  I feel silly even having had it.  She picked up a few new words in recent weeks.  She's still at about 15 so she is a little behind.  The women loved her.  They said she is really smart and excelling just a little behind in expressive and it will come.  She's not on the spectrum. So I feel much better but still silly to have had the eval.  They will send me some tips and stuff for working with her speech.  

My ears have been bothering me.  Not really painful.  Just an annoyance here and there.  Today my sinuses are starting to act up as well. I am so spoiled in winter.  My allergies don't bother me.  Spring, summer and fall are all bad.  

I am trying to make my meal plan but I have no inspiration.   I hate tracking food.  I hate having to plan it all out.  I am rebelling because I can't just eat what I want.  Wish this feeling would go away.  I've worked too hard and need to continue to work hard and get back to the gym.  

• Options
    @stasi  Oh goodness!  I was expecting to see a picture of Kate with a ton of pacis in her crib because that's what it would come to at my house.  I'm sorry it's not going well.  Did you just decide to do cold turkey or did you cut the tips? 
  • Options
    StasiStasi member
    @beebopandbuddy - We cut the tips, let her have them during the day (when she's less interested) and she just threw it on the ground walked away. The first night (last Tuesday) was bad, but it wasn't horrible, about 45 minutes of crying. This weekend however, we went to ILs house and she could get out of her PNP, so we had to rock her all the way to sleep for naps and Saturday night...she didn't adjust well when we got home last night and it led to this.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    Stasi said:
    @beebopandbuddy - We cut the tips, let her have them during the day (when she's less interested) and she just threw it on the ground walked away. The first night (last Tuesday) was bad, but it wasn't horrible, about 45 minutes of crying. This weekend however, we went to ILs house and she could get out of her PNP, so we had to rock her all the way to sleep for naps and Saturday night...she didn't adjust well when we got home last night and it led to this.
    Maybe it will get a little easier now that you are home and in a familiar environment.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Stasi said:

Paci weaning isn't going so hot in our house. It got so bad last night this happened:image

I'm sorry it came to this!  I totally LOL'd though.  

Hope she readjusts to sleep at home and tonight goes better for you!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    My random: I'm so tired I feel like I've been hit by a truck.  Stupid holidays.
  • Options
    @redneckmomma25, glad Grace's eval went well. As for the food planning/working out, I feel you! It's so easy to slip into bad habits around holidays, but I'm sure you can get back on track. I plan to walk or run tonight to counteract the ridiculous amount of chocolate I've consumed.

• Options
    27boo27boo member
    I am so far behind at school, it's ridiculous. I got a lot done today, but it was all normal Monday stuff and looking up testing info that I needed. I have no idea when it will get done. :(
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    I'm far behind in school too. My pile of marking is just getting bigger and bigger. It's not a good sign when I finally hand things back to them they ask "when did we do this?" or " I forgot about this!". oops.
    one day I'll be caught up....I hope.

• Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited April 2014
    The boys were literally outside all day today except for the 2.5 hour ride from my parents house to ours, and they slept almost the whole ride. I'm exhausted. I have so much stuff to catch up on (housekeeping, laundry,bills) but I just spent the past hour trying to open our safe to get the boys SS numbers. The handle is turning but not catching the mechanism, if that makes sense. I'm so frustrated and I really need to get their numbers by morning.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"