Stay at Home Moms

how much $ for baptism gift?

How much do you usually spend on a baptism gift? Or if to give money how much?
I need to figure out what i am doing for my twin nephews baptism next month.
Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how much $ for baptism gift?

• For nephews probably $50 for education fund, plus a $25ish gift.

If it was cousins' kids I would probably do more like $25 cash or gift.
  • My sisters gave $200/300 plus gifts for baptism. I think it is outside the norm, though.  They both have very well paying jobs and are not married.  It makes a difference.

I would think $100 for nieces/nephews would be an appropriate amount, or $50/75 with another gift  I give $50 for close friends and my cousins' kids.  Most everyone else gets $25

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We've always given $100 but the only baptisms we've been to have been my nephew's, and my very best friends' kids.  I would probably do $50 if it was someone I wasn't very close with.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • One of my sisters gave DD $500.  She is not married and no children and absolutely has the means to give gifts like that.  My other sister gave $50.  Didn't matter one bit to me.  I would do what you can afford.  I would probably give my niece/nephew $200.

Check out my blog ---->  http://minismama.com/
  • Aunts and Uncles all gave my twins $100 each + personalized wood jewelry boxes (those were the Godparent gifts). 
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Holy crap! Okay i was thinking $20 per kid. Same as we would spend on other gift giving occasions like birthdays and Christmas. Lol.

• Holy crap! Okay i was thinking $20 per kid. Same as we would spend on other gift giving occasions like birthdays and Christmas. Lol.

Spend what you can afford. No one expects you to break your budget by giving hundreds of dollars.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Spend what you can afford. I don't give $ so I would buy something silver, like a julep cup and would spend around $100 probably.
  • Dh wants to get them engraved pocket knives.

Spend what you can afford. No one expects you to break your budget by giving hundreds of dollars.
    Absolutely.  We received some smaller gifts like $20 at both kids baptisms and I would never side-eye that; everyone gives what they can and we appreciate everything. 
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
    Agreed. It also totally depends on your family.

Agreed. It also totally depends on your family.
    I think the most we received for dd's baptism was $100 and it was from my grandparents. We usually give $20 to my cousins or their kids when they are baptized, make their first communion or graduate. But I have thirty something first cousins (Irish Catholics) so I'm not spending thousands of dollars a year on them.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"