Third-Party Reproduction

One Step Closer to our first IUI cycle...

I haven't posted on here in awhile…I was waiting until I had something "new" to share.

After 2 months of waiting, we finally got into to meet with the RE my doctor highly recommended. I'm SO happy to report that we loved her…I was a bit nervous that after all of that waiting, we would be going back to square one finding a different doctor. 

AND…we are pretty close to choosing our donor. We've got it narrowed down to 3! It's been such an exciting couple of weeks because things are happening…for awhile I felt like it wasn't REAL but we are getting so much closer to our first IUI and it both excites and terrifies me.

My DH thinks as we get closer I need to start meditating…keep my mind from going crazy, stress levels down, etc. It's probably not a bad idea.

We have shared the news with our immediate family and have been overwhelmed with love and support. 

My doctor is a little worried at my high FSH levels, being that I'm 32 and one test came back 10 and the other 13. But everything else looked great she said. So we are retesting that this week. I literally yelled for joy when I got my period today because that meant I could test in a couple of days…never thought I would be HAPPY for that especially considering soon enough…my period would be the last thing I'll be happy to see.

My doctor had asked if I'd like to try the IUI naturally the first round, or start with Clomid - being that my FSH levels are high. We are waiting to see the test results from this round, but if it comes back high again I feel like the smart thing to do would be to start with Clomid from the beginning…but I'm a little scared of the side effects? For those of you who have taken Clomid…how did you feel? I'm worried I'm going to be this irrational lady with hot sweats all of the time. But on the other hand…I'm terrified of the emotional toll it'll take, not to mention the financial toll, if the IUI doesn't take time after time. (our insurance covers a big fat 0%)

Thanks for letting me ramble!

Re: One Step Closer to our first IUI cycle...

• No advice on Clomid but glad to hear things are progressing and your family members are supportive and happy for you :) Good luck!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Congrats on getting closer to doing IUI. I didn't take clomid, but my RE uses letrozole. I haven't had and side effects. Are they doing US to monitor how many follicles are produced before doing the actual IUI. The max follicles my RE will do an IUI cycle on is 3 mature follicles. Good luck to you!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • pmv81pmv81 member
    Im not sure @jdionne‌, Ill have to ask my RE. Still learning apparently!

• We went straight to clomid + IUI when we started infertility treatments. At the time we were "unexplained infertility" and ovulated on my own, so I only did 50mg of clomid. For me the side effects weren't too bad minor hot flashes and headaches and a little moodiness.

I am not technically DOR, but I am a poor responder to meds and seem to have poor egg quality. I did 3 IUIs with clomid and had one mature follicle for two of the cycles and two mature follicles for one cycle.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• I am on my third round of IUI and currently on clomid and have had NO symptoms luckliy!! Taking my HCG shot next Wednesday and Thursday is the big day!! Wish me luck, and I wish you a lot of luck too!!
  • pmv81pmv81 member
    @samantha5110 GOOD LUCK!!! Big week for you, praying everything goes amazing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"