C-sections

Knee Pain

JuliaAndPeteJuliaAndPete member
edited April 2014 in C-sections
C-section back in December. Preemie twins. 27wks 1day. We had a long NICU stay but everyone is home now and all is well with the girls. *this reminds me I should post that in my other boards.

The past week or so I have had outrageous knee pain. Anyone have this issue? Another Mom in the NICU told me she was experiencing the same problem and it had to do with calcium deficiency. I have an email into my doctor but I wanted to ask here too.

Thanks!

Re: Knee Pain

• Are you working out? Just one knee? Did it just start? Or have you had it since your c-section?
  • I have pain in my right knee. It started the week I brough my LO home from the hospital. My doctor said that it has to do with my hips and pelvis expanding during pregnancy. After I had the baby I went back to walking how I walked before I was pregnant. However, the muscles were not strong and my pelvis would not stay in alignment. With the pelvis not staying in alignment, my left leg ended up being shorter than my right left. Therefore, I put more pressure on my right knee causing the pain. She actually said it is very common. I see a chiropractor to put my hip back in alignment and I feel much better. I don't know if this is what is wrong with your knee, but it is another perspective. I hope you feel better!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"