August 2014 Moms
Options

My Hair Stopped Falling Out

I've got really thick hair and I have always lost a lot of it in the shower when I wash it. I even have a special drain hair catcher thing so I don't clog up our plumbing. I shed like crazy. It's a wonder I'm not bald. In the last week I've noticed that when I wash my hair I'm hardly shedding any at all. I only got about 10 strands this morning (I'm definitely harrier other places and am having to trim / shave way more often then usual).

Anyone else noticing this head hair phenomenon?
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: My Hair Stopped Falling Out

• Options
    I actually haven't paid attention to that or noticed. I'm curious and will look out for it after my shower tomorrow. :)

As for having to shave more often, oh yeah, been doing that for a long while.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    This is a normal pregnancy thing. I'm not sure if it's the hormones or if it's the vitamins. :) I always enjoy it while it lasts! After baby is born, all those hairs you've been holding onto fall out. My hair was coming out literally in chunks last time!!! I clogged my hair catcher and the tub started filling up.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have thick hair anyway so last time i didn't really notice a change during pregnancy then 5 months postpartum my hair started falling out in chunks. Then I got this really nice new hair growth so I had like a whole bunch of 1 inch long hair growing out on my forehead (no bangs). I was really attractive there for a while. Now that it all looks normal again I'm just starting the whole process over! At least at the end of all the pregnancy nonsense you get a baby! Lol
  • Options
    @MrsDeo‌, I have fine hair and it's not at all thick normally. The falling out stage post partum is mildly traumatizing but I never had any bald spots. I don't think you have any reason to worry.

I'm enjoying the added shine and thickness now but know it's short lived. Still I'll be a little sad about it when it all falls out.
  • Options
    Figured it was something to do with the vitamins / hormones. I guess I was just surprised that it's just now kicking in (I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow). Thanks, ladies!
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    I didn't really notice the beautiful pregnancy hair last time, but I sure did notice it falling out afterwards! Now all my thin spots are growing in so I have 2 inch long hair wisps sticking out everywhere. Trust me it's lovely ! :)

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    My coworker (who just had her baby girl last week!) told me that eventually my hair wouldn't fall out as much. Haven't noticed it much myself yet, but looking forward to it!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My hair fell out in handfuls when I stopped birth control last summer, but so far during this pregnancy, that has stopped....just a lot of winter frizz :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"