Dads & Dads-to-be

Dad's drinking breast milk

TobedadTobedad member
edited March 2014 in Dads & Dads-to-be
Am I just weird or does anyone out there drink or plan on drinking their wife's breast milk? If it's good for the little people then it's got to be good for the big ones too.

Re: Dad's drinking breast milk

• I thought about it a bit because I drink quite a lot of milk but my wife never produced so neither me or our little man got to enjoy mamma's milk
  • I believe they have breast milk ice cream over in Europe. I don't think I could drink it. Maybe a drop out of curiosity, but that's about it.

So kinda weird, but not unheard of.

• Loading the player...
  • I've heard that breast milk doesn't really benefit the baby after 1 year. Before that it helps with immunity. So it wouldn't really benefit you anymore than regular milk would.
  • @mysticl - 2 years might be right. I knew there was a cutoff though. Maybe they upped it since my son was born or maybe I've heard most moms just try to make it to 1 year and that's why I thought that.

I think he was basing his idea off the assumption that pumping won't be a problem. If it is a problem he'll figure out pretty quickly that his idea will have to wait.

• PrimePrime member
    I've tasted it.  Wasn't sure based off the smell if it was still good.  It's really sweet.  Not something I would choose to drink.

• I always suck on MWs nips wether she wants me to or not and I thought it would be a way me an my kid could bond. But that was when I thought it was going to be a boy and now we found out its a girl. So it would just be weird trying to bond with a girl sucking on nips together.
  • I know. Having a girl changes everything.
  • This thread is weird.

“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor, Season 3, Episode 6

Dating Since: 2/13/05 * Married Since: 9/8/12 

• mysticl said:

@mysticl - 2 years might be right. I knew there was a cutoff though. Maybe they upped it since my son was born or maybe I've heard most moms just try to make it to 1 year and that's why I thought that.

I think he was basing his idea off the assumption that pumping won't be a problem. If it is a problem he'll figure out pretty quickly that his idea will have to wait.

There's not a cut off dude. It's beneficial as long as mutually desired by mom and baby.
    Exactly.  I said at LEAST two years old.  Not you must stop on the second birthday because it magically turns into water.  

I wasn't being literal. My point was that's it's more beneficial the younger the child is. Benefit of BM to baby > Benefit of BM to grown man is all I was getting at.
  • Also this,

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that breastfeeding continue for at least 12 months, and thereafter for as long as mother and baby desire. The World Health Organization recommends continued breastfeeding up to 2 years of age or beyond.

• One of the reasons that the WHO recommends for 2 plus years is for the developing Nations that don't have good water supplies.

Also, I did taste MW's breast milk only after she stopped breast feeding and I thought it was ok to start sucking on her nipples again since it had been a few months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• A few MONTHS without sucking on nips!!!!!!! I can only go maybe a day or two max.
  • Uh, no.
    Proud 40 year old, first time daddy!
  • Im pretty sure I'm not even going to try it. It may taste good but not for me.
  • I don't think she would risk turning me on like that
  • Some of you weman be like your a terrible husband when I'm the best. Yesterday I painted her toe nails cuz she couldn't reach and I wake up 30 min early just so we can cuddle before I go to college and then work lol. So I don't buy that my duaghter won't know how to be treated and plus she's going to be a lesbian because I'm going to put her in softball and basketball.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It grossed my wife out but when I would warm the bottle, I would drop a few drops on my wrist to test the temp, I would just lick it off rather than wipe it off. It was sweet and didn't taste bad but nothing I would actually drink.
  • My wife came across this today. The MSN main argument is that you do not know where the nip nectar is coming from. I on the other hand would know where it's coming from. There needs to be a study done on this and maybe I could be part of it.
    https://m.medicaldaily.com/6-surprising-natural-uses-breast-milk-247460
  • :::lurking:::
    This is friggin great...most of u sound like DH did the first go round...I can't stop laughing...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"