Working Moms

NWMR: Disney experts

We're going on a cruise Sunday and we'll be taking a 1 day excursion to The Magic Kingdom.   What should we do?  DD just turned 4 and DS will be 2 next month, they're both pretty tall.  We don't want to waste the day standing in line for a few rides, we can do rides at a carnival or other amusement park.  They're both into Mickey's clubhouse.  DD does like the princesses, she's into Sophia, Rapunzel, and Frozen, but I've never seen her get excited for a character, so while I'd like to see a few princesses, it's probably not going to make DD's day.  SIL recommended a Disney Jr. 4-D show that sounds good.  Any other ideas?

Re: NWMR: Disney experts

• I'm not an expert by any means but I had the most success with DS (5) and DD (almost 2) in the fantasy land area.  More their speed.  DD was also obsessed with it's a small world.  And we learned that going to that area during evening parade/pre firework time was a great time to beat the lines (although I don't know if you will have that option).  
  • If I'm not mistaken, Disney Jr is at Hollywood Studios. The rides at Disney World aren't in the same universe as carnival rides, and are way better than amusement parks like Six Flags. Keep in mind, though, that rides like the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean can be too intense for toddlers and preschoolers. Fantasyland is a great place. Aladdin's magic carpets are just like Dumbo. Small World is great for kids (although the song will haunt you). Check out allears.net for more suggestions for younger kids.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree...  spend your time (easily an entire day with 2 little ones) in Fantasyland if you do Magic Kingdom.  It's more of the recognizable classic Disney characters.  My kids are about the same age - they loved it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • groovygrlgroovygrl member
    edited April 2014
    I went with 2 4.5 yr olds earlier this year. I wouldn't recommend hollywood studios  even though that is where the disney jr stuff is, but otherwise it is not great for an entire day w/ kids that age. We did 1/2 day there & that was plenty.   Fantasyland is good but expect to go on rides, there isn't a whole lot to do in the magic kingdom except rides/meeting characters & walking around looking at stuff which is not a whole lot of fun for an entire day so I would expect to hop on a few things but honestly if you're not dying to do some particular thing & the kids have no clue what there even is (mine didnt), just get on whatever has the shortest lines- you can get the disney experience app & it will show you the current wait times for all the rides.... Def get the parade schedule & try to find a spot along the route or near the castle at the end to watch the show they do at the end of it.   I would also recommend the area by frontierland- my kids loved walking through the swiss family treehouse, we did it multiple times & there is rarely a wait there I don't think...and the aladdin ride is like dumbo as someone else said. The Dumbo ride has an indoor play space for when you are waiting and that can be helpful and you don't even have to go on the ride to go in there. The line is often long but the race car ride (blanking on the name) is kind of fun w/ littler ones though if the wait is long I'd skip that . I am not sure how tall your younger is- a lot of the more active rides have a height requirement of 40 inches but my DD is only 38 and no one blinked at her. A much smaller kid they probably would though.

have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"