High-Risk Pregnancy

Partial Trisomy 18 D&C followed by Chemical Pregnancy

edited April 2014 in High-Risk Pregnancy
Hi everyone,

I am 31 and in December I lost my first pregnancy at 14 weeks to Partial Trisomy 18.  My husband and I both tested negative to being carriers, which was a relief, and the doctor considered it a "de novo" or random event.  We took a break for 2 cycles to recover physically and emotionally.  Then this April I became pregnant again (after TTC for the first time), but quickly lost the baby over a chemical pregnancy last weekend.  Needless to say I feel pretty discouraged.  I spoke to my doctor, and he gave me the green light  to try again, and he mentioned to tell him quickly next time I am pregnant so that he can add some medication--including progesterone and lovenox.  Meanwhile I have also been getting acupuncture.  It's hard to not start thinking that this might be a continuous pattern related to chromosomal abnormalities.  I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone has gone through this or something similar, and perhaps gone on to have a healthy pregnancy.  Did the medication also help for those that did take it?  I realize partial trisomy is rare, and perhaps so is having a D&C, followed by a chemical pregnancy.  I'll continue to update this thread as we will be TTC again this month (though I'm not sure what the length of my cycle will be this time.  I was 28-29 days, but after the D&C my cycle became 36 days).  Trying to stay positive, and praying a lot as we TTC again!  

Re: Partial Trisomy 18 D&C followed by Chemical Pregnancy

• Sorry for your losses. I had a D&C done last June for a BO. As soon as I was clear (a month later) we got pregnant after waiting 1 cycle which ended at 5 weeks naturally. It was very disheartening and was told to wait another cycle and could TTC. Well we gt pregnant immediately before another cycle and I'm currently 35 weeks. I was put on progesterone immediately also and closely monitored at the beginning and starting again at 28 weeks for PTL!

Try to not get discouraged! We had no problems with our son other than PTL, Even after my losses and D&C, I kept
    Praying and continued on the path to TTC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• So sorry about your losses and completely understandable to feel discouraged. Wishing you the very best!!

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you guys for your messages.  JKTTC1, it's encouraging to hear your story, and I'm so glad to hear that you are far along and welcoming a little boy soon!  I'll keep you guys in the loop.  Continuing to pray as we TTC again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"