Baby Names
Options

What's a great name that your DH WILL NOT go for?

2»

Re: What's a great name that your DH WILL NOT go for?

• Options
    Anna/Annie
    Mia
    Ruby
    Rosie
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Dh wouldn't go for Oliver or Henry...not even for a middle name.  
    ~Jessica~ 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KTZ17KTZ17 member
    @bromios‌ I love Beatrice (pronounced the Italian way)!! It reminds me of Il Postino (or the play it's based on, Ardiente Paciencia by Antonio Skarmeta). Have you seen it/read it? And as I said earlier, we were going to name DD Lorenzo if she had been a boy, and we'll use it if we ever have a son. S/O Fiorella, I had convinced myself that Fiora was a name and we considered it for a bit. Alas, it's not real (not that I can find, anyway).

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    L0L0L0L0 member
    We really struggled with boys. He hated my whole list - Arlo, Cormac, Dashiell, Arlo. Girls were easier but he ruled out Louisa ("too masculine" wtf) and Ximena (which, to be fair, nearly everyone I consulted also rejected). The most annoying thing was that he couldn't usually articulate what he didn't like about a name, and he didn't come up with any of his own suggestions.
  • Options
    Dashiell, Japheth, Tabor, Gavriel
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Graciela and Madeline (both were supposedly really mean teachers of his)

• Options
    I love the name Daphne for a girl, but he wouldn't consider it.  And I love Rhys for a boy, but he thought it was "too feminine."  
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

• Options
    I didn't even read all of these. But basically every name that comes out of my mouth. So, that'll be fun. 
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Corbin :(

I loved it...he wants Tyrus. :-&

• Options
    1A said:
    Every single girl name I ever suggested. 
    lol this! and we are having a baby girl, its driving me nuts!

• Options

Gosh, there are so many.

We went on a vacation last year when I was about 9 weeks pregnant (ended in m/c) and we had a LOT of time in the car to discuss names. He pretty much vetoed every single one of them. LOL... And honestly, I can't really remember them all but a few were:

Girl: Vivian, Violet, Eloise, Lauren

Boy: Griffin, Matthew

With him, he can't seem to wrap his brain around names until he sees it in person (and then if he gets a bad association, it's over, like with Lauren). When I was pregnant with my daughter (Katherine nn Kate) we went round and round about middle names. I really liked Adair and he could NOT see why I liked it. Then we became friends with a  couple who has three kids and the youngest is Adair. She is a beautiful, spunky little thing and DH definitely did a 180 on the name. Too little too late though.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options
    I loved Jeremy.
  • Options
    Luckily DH and I do out best to compromise. And by compromise I try not to kill him over his hypocritical reasoning. Half the time the logic doesn't even make sense. Like he likes all the NNs for Elizabeth and Margaret but not the actual names but won't use a NN as a FN. Others he will shoot down because a character on tv or a celebrity has that name like Lucy from I Love Lucy but his current favorite boys name is Sullivan which he discovered because there is an actor he likes with that name. He doesn't like Noah because it's too "bibley" but likes Patrick because he's the patron saint of Ireland (he's Irish). on the flip side of that, he doesn't like Kieran, Rhys, Eoghan because they are too Irish. A few names he has set aside for future dogs as well. He doesn't like "old people" names but his top boy choice was Arthur when we were deciding on DS's name. Just hard to get him to pick anything because he'll mention a name then talk himself out of it. Thankfully we have decided on the next boy name and our girl name is the same since DS.

• Options
    Evelyn.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Dexter. :( I really love this name, but he is not having it.

We know it's a boy so girl names have never come up.

• Options
    For boys, Finn and Gavin.

For girls it took 6 years and 3 pregnancies but I finally got him to come around on Lydia :)
    imageimage 
  • Options
    PalanPalan member
    Girl - Millicent
    Boy - Elliot
  • Options
    macchiattomacchiatto member
    edited April 2014
    Oh, there are a bunch.

Boy names: Desmond, Leo, Sebastian, Charles/Charlie, Matthew, Jonathan, Andrew, Josiah, Luke, Silas, Simon

Girl names: Claire, Madeleine, Cora, Nora, Josephine (he liked this for a bit but then stopped), Lucy, Lucia, Susanna, Lila, Laurel, Leah, Georgia

I'm sure there are more but I've forgotten I even liked them b/c he vetoed them so long ago. :p 
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Caroline (fav)
    Mallory
    Daphne
    Lauren

Dh loves but I won't give:
    Sydney (fav)
    Emma
    Emily
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Options
    Oh and in terms of DH faves that I vetoed: Brennan, Brianna, Holly and Robyn. 
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Gwendolyn and Wendy (both versions of family names). So sad.

• Options
    Finn & Reid( won't give up on Reid though. I will fight for that name just love it )
  • Options
    wrightpalomowrightpalomo member
    edited April 2014
    He's shot down so many... but here are the names I'm still grumpy about

Girl names:
    Prudence
    Josephine (specifically because he doesn't like "Josie"... exact opposite of my opinion.)
    Maxine (name from my family and he is totally against using any family names)

Boy names:
    Levi
    Cameron
    Guillermo 

eta: grammar
  • Options
    Lorelai. I love love love that name and DH nixed it right away. Also Hazel.

• Options
    Liam and I LOVE it!! He thinks it's too trendy and common.

Married:  08.17.2013
    Sweet Angel Baby: 02.01.2014
    Emerson Shay:  10:28:2014
    Two Fur Babies:  Talli Mae and Lexi

• Options
    FakeFinn said:

He thinks a lot of the names I suggest are old fashioned and/or too posh. Names like Beatrice and Lawrence have been shot down for that reason.

Lawrence was also shot down by my DH. As was Darcy. What, I can't name my kid after Little Women or Pride and Prejudice?
    IAmPregnant Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    He doesn't like Juliana, Julia, or Felicity.

He is obsessed with Brooklyn, and while I like it I just can't seem to get on board at all with it -- after all, we used to live in Brooklyn, which makes it weird to me. I haven't fully vetoed it, but I don't really think of it as being on my short list, which I think bums him out. 
  • Options
    Ezra! I love that name for a boy and he just won't budge. At least we've been able to agree on girls names :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"