Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Baby is so boob dependent! Is this normal at 6 mo???

So obviously I'm breastfeeding. & have been the entire 6 months. At around 4.5 months, Baby girl & I got into this lovely routine at night: boob at 9:30 pm, asking for the boob again at around 2am, then sometimes again at 4am very briefly, then again at around 7am then slowly woke up soon after that.
Then we got the flu :( & she had an ear infection on top of that . All we did was lay around like 2 carcasses for 5 days til it ran its course . So during this "sick week" I kept her on the boob because from what I understand it's like medicine when babies are sick.
Anyway, ever since that beloved sick week she wants the boob NON STOP. It feels like I have a newborn all over again! No, literally, my nipples feel like they did back when we first came home :(
I've already been giving her purées: banana, avocado, sweet potatoes, apples.... & she's doing so well with them in every other aspect except I can't figure out why she still wants the boob ! & I'm sure it's more habit than hunger but if she's full how can she still feed on it??
Can anyone please help? I need to start working again & I'm afraid she'll be a demon child to anyone who obviously can't console her with their boobs.

Re: Baby is so boob dependent! Is this normal at 6 mo???

• Options
    Will she take a paci/suck her thumb?
  • Options
    Is she teething?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was going to post what Prim posted. Comes with the territory. She'll grow out of it eventually. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PrimRoseMama said it perfectly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Prim is right. I am with you! My dd is almost 8 months and she is just as attached to breast feeding as ever. I am trying just to enjoy this time with her. In fact, she is nursing right now!
  • Options
    She will take a paci but of she gets her hands on it, it turns into a chew toy lol. So I very light heartedly battle with her hands & some times she succumbs quickly, other times she'll have a brief fit before falling asleep .
    So again my bigger issue, someone else going through all these ridiculous motions with her that I've enabled
  • Options
    Thanks @PrimRoseMama‌ :) it's just hard because you want to do EVERYTHING for baby, then you feel like you're enabling outrageous behavior.
    & being a mom is definitely tough. It really is the greatest thing; I can't even begin to describe how overjoyed I am to be a mother, but it is constant hard work!
    & it's taken me FOREVER to reply & she has gotten better. And of course she regresses back to terrible from time to time lol but I understand it's all part of the process . Thanks for he reassuring words :)
  • Options

Thanks @PrimRoseMama‌ :) it's just hard because you want to do EVERYTHING for baby, then you feel like you're enabling outrageous behavior.
    & being a mom is definitely tough. It really is the greatest thing; I can't even begin to describe how overjoyed I am to be a mother, but it is constant hard work!
    & it's taken me FOREVER to reply & she has gotten better. And of course she regresses back to terrible from time to time lol but I understand it's all part of the process . Thanks for he reassuring words :)

No worries. There is absolutely nothing outrageous about a baby loving the boob. It's completely normal!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

She will take a paci but of she gets her hands on it, it turns into a chew toy lol. So I very light heartedly battle with her hands & some times she succumbs quickly, other times she'll have a brief fit before falling asleep .
    So again my bigger issue, someone else going through all these ridiculous motions with her that I've enabled

What do you mean "ridiculous things"? This all sounds normal. Babies are just little people & we all have different ways we settle in to sleep.

Anyone else who has to put baby to bed will figure it out on their own.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    It's normal, but there are plenty of things you can do. PM if you still need help, I notice this post is a little over a month old, not sure if you still need help
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"