C-sections

Sensitivity along incision (internal)

I am 3 months post c-section and the sensation/sensitivity I've been having on the left side of my incision has been increasing, rather than decreasing, with time. It is sensitive and tender to the touch (under the skin - so internal incision). Is this normal or does it point to a possible problem?

Re: Sensitivity along incision (internal)

• I'm 10 weeks past my 3rd c/s. Doc cleared me at 6 weeks and I was feeling great. I had to go back at 8 weeks for a follow up test and while there, I mentioned that I had started hurting again. Not pain but just achey like I was a week or two after surgery. She felt my incisions and asked if it hurt when she pressed and it definitely did. She said I must have undone some healing and put me back on lift/activity restriction till 12 weeks and told me to keep taking Motrin at least twice a day. If I'm still hurting by then, I have to go back in. I can't think of a single instance where I know I overdid it, but it was just too much activity too soon. If I were you, try to rest for a couple weeks and take Motrin. It takes a long time to heal from a major surgery like this.

• The left side of mine increases in sensitivity once in awhile to. I brought this up with my doctor at my 2 week check and he said that one side will be more sensitive because that's where they tie you up. I notice the more I do, the more sensitive it gets throughout the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"