April 2013 Moms

Weaning and hormones?

I have not fully weaned, but am done pumping and am not nursing much anymore. I feel like my hormones are a little wack - like I'm all weepy and feeling slightly unhinged. I did not experience this last time I weaned because I was pregnant. Anyone have similar experiences? If so, how long did the crazy hormones last? I'm ready to be done with this.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weaning and hormones?

• Not gonna be much help as we haven't weaned yet, but a good friend who has older kids said that when she weaned her youngest, she was hormonal for a month or two. She likened it to 'downer PMS' (as opposed to 'angry PMS' I guess - which is what I usually get). Anyway, hang in there! 

• I wish I could tell you. I am at the exact same place as you (nursing less, not pumping) and I am a hot mess. I feel a bit depressed. I cry constantly. I hope it stops soon.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm right with ya...its been getting better though. Its been a few weeks for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was super emotional about it for about a month after. It's natural! You'll get through it :)

Anniversary

• Selfishly glad I'm not alone, but my rational self is already super annoyed with my emotional, weepy self. Gah. Seriously sat at my desk today and just fought back tears. Over nothing. Here's to hoping it passes quickly.
  • I was hot flashy and hormonal for sure when I stopped nursing and pumping.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Going through the same here. I'm no crying, but seem to be on the verge way more than I'm used to. I just feel very....blah. 
     Has anyone had any cramps since the started weaning? Mine have been kind of intense for the past couple days...they almost feel like labor pains. Im not sure if they are related to weaning or not. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • knitfaced said:

cfattig said:

Going through the same here. I'm no crying, but seem to be on the verge way more than I'm used to. I just feel very....blah. 

Has anyone had any cramps since the started weaning? Mine have been kind of intense for the past couple days...they almost feel like labor pains. Im not sure if they are related to weaning or not. 
    Yes! I keep being sure I have my period again but I don't yet.

Yup, same here.
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Thanks ladies, this makes total sense. I've been going a little crazy lately and this is totally the culprit. I've been breastfeeding less and less lately. I'm also off my pill now and trying for #2. Homorones going crazy in this house
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I thought mine was from PMS but I also stopped pumping, so maybe that's why I've been so annoyed lately. I try very hard not to chew H out for stuff but I am not always successful. #-o

• I stopped my pill almost a month now and haven't has my period for only about 1 week. I thought it was perpetual PMS over here too... I think it's a little bit of both. Lots of fun, poor hubby
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wish I could tell you. I am at the exact same place as you (nursing less, not pumping) and I am a hot mess. I feel a bit depressed. I cry constantly. I hope it stops soon.
    This is me all the way.  I wasn't sure if it's because I have a lot going on or the hormones but all I know is i'm a HAM (hot ass mess)

• I'm down to nursing only in the evening (just cut out the morning nursing session today), and I have definitely been feeling hormonal as well. I haven't really been weepy, as much as cranky and bitchy :/
    I've also been feeling similar to when I was in my first trimester. Dizzy, nauseated, and headaches :(
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• I got super anxious and depressed, the weaning process was worse than right after the birth in terms of hormones.  Dragged on for a couple of months over here, yick, but it did pass!
    imageimageimage
  • I dropped MOTN feed and daytime pumping. Still nursing in the morning and evenings. Am I making it worse by still nursing? Is it better to just stop all together I wonder...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • CanukMam said:
    I dropped MOTN feed and daytime pumping. Still nursing in the morning and evenings. Am I making it worse by still nursing? Is it better to just stop all together I wonder...
    I would think that you are more likely slowly decreasing the amount of hormones as your milk production goes down, kind of like weaning yourself too if that makes sense.  Cold turkey would probably be the fast and brutal way.
    imageimageimage
  • CanukMam said:
    I dropped MOTN feed and daytime pumping. Still nursing in the morning and evenings. Am I making it worse by still nursing? Is it better to just stop all together I wonder...
    I don't think so. And at the end of the day, your milk is still the best for baby, so I wouldn't wean completely until you and/or baby are really ready!
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"