December 2014 Moms
Options

Who is still having a cup of joe?

I woke this morning with crazy anxiety about still wanting (read:needing!) a morning cup of coffee. I know since I've experienced pregnancy loss I'm super aware of *everything* this time around, but I can't seem to totally quit coffee. One cup gets me thinking in the morning. Anyone else struggling with this? Have any suggestions for getting the morning mojo without it?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Who is still having a cup of joe?

• Options
    I've been having one in the morning...usually a travel mug to bring to work.  I've been trying to make sure I don't have anything else with caffeine during the day (before I would stop and get a coffee on my way home or drink a soda).  Trying to keep it to one thing a day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic       Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't had coffee since my BFP, but I have tea when I work. I work overnights, so I need something to keep me going!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I drink one cup in the morning. I did through my entire last pregnancy and I'm sure I will through this one too. A cup of coffee is fine

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Me! I have half caff at Starbucks most days.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • Options
    invisbleworkinvisblework member
    edited April 2014
    Kim,

I admire any woman who is able to manage pregnancy and night shift. Super hero!!! I'm in bed at 8.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I don't drink coffee but I'm a coke drinking junky! I have had caffeine through out all my pregnancies and never had an issue.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I go as long as I can without it.  Once I feel like I'm going to fall asleep at my desk I'll get a cup.  I'm down to about 3 cups a week.  I used to drink at least that in a day.

my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    no, but i probably have an equivalent amount of caffeine from my chocolate addiction.  I'm trying to lessen the amount, but it's so hard!
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    I switched to tea ... I'd rather have some "wiggle room" and be able to eat chocolate than have to think too much about it :-)

BFP #1: 4/7/14, EDD: 12/16/14 -- Missed Miscarriage - D&C  on 5/13 at 9 weeks
    BFP #2: 10/24/14, EDD: 07/04/15 -- Chemical Pregnancy confirmed 10/27
    BFP #3: 11/28/14, EDD: 08/06/15 -- Strong heartbeat at 6 weeks, Missed Miscarriage - D&C on 1/9 at 10 weeks

rainbows
  • Options
    I still have a cup a day. Moderation is key.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I'm still having my coffee here. It takes me forever to finish it because I'm so nauseous, but I still need it. I didn't miss a day of it last time, either. My doctor told me that if you get to the point where you're jittery, you've had too much.

FWIW, DS was a little over 8lbs when he was born so I don't buy that caffeine causes small babies.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options
    I bit the bullet and tossed caffeine during the 2WW (it was a nasty three days), but I'm still drinking decaf coffee. I love the taste of coffee too much to give it up completely. I'll probably add a cup a day or half-caff back in during 2nd tri; I got horrible headaches in 2nd tri with DS and my doctor's recommendation was a little caffeine to dilate the blood vessels, so that will be my remedy of choice if I experience the same thing this time.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• Options
    BookishMommaBookishMomma member
    edited April 2014
    Me, me. I have cut down considerably, but I still have a cup most mornings. The way I see it, I drank a cup or two of coffee every day with DS and he was 8 lbs, full-term, and perfectly healthy. With both of my early losses, I was not drinking any caffeine, and I still lost the pregnancies despite my vigilance and doing everything "right." So I'm not gonna sweat it, as long as I'm under 200mg per day. I think decaf tastes like a$$

Today it's a Starbucks vanilla latte. I was happy to find out that lattes don't have NEARLY as much caffeine as regular brewed coffee at Starbucks. Plus there's milk in it! I see my Starbucks card getting reloaded a lot during this pregnancy to feed my new latte obsession... at least I'm no longer spending money on wine. That's how I justify it, anyway. 
    :)

edit: typos
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Options
    @SpankingShank But can we have tequila?

DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Options

FFS people. You can have coffee. Jeebus.
    Must we have threads every day about it?

Maybe we should start a daily "Can I have it?" thread.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options
    Me! One tall iced Starbucks every morning still. I have terrible headaches and I'm a raging b**** without it, so it's worth it to me.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have one in the morning and that's it..

TTC Since Nov 13
    Hubs 39 / ME 38
    MC April 2014
    5 mg Letrozole
    BFP August / EDD May 11th FX for Sticky BeanBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I cut out coke/diet coke, but was having one cup of coffee every morning, until yesterday, when it suddenly became the nastiest thing ever to me.
    D14 June. Favorite TV Dad(s).image
    12/31/13: BF Proposes
    2/14: First month off OCP, cuz, hey, why not? He put a ring on it.
    3/31/14: POAS: BFP!
    6/21/14: It only looks like a shotgun wedding.
    12/09/14: EDD

Why just plan a wedding when you can plan a baby AND a wedding?
  • Options
    I still am drinking my coffee, with my DS1 I had bad migraines and the doctor told me she could give me meds or I could drink caffeine my choice. Since then and with now all 4 of my pregnancies I haven't stopped my coffee habit (just kept it more under control)
    Owen - 12.8.2009
    Sophia - 2.21.2011
    Grayson - 2.20.2013
    Baby P #4 - EDD 12.17.2014
  • Options
    As everyone else has said a cup of coffee is fine. I was drinking multiple cups when I for my BFP with DD. I just eased off slowly doing half caff to avoid withdrawals. This pregnancy coffee is one thing that I cannot stand the thought of so I went cold turkey.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    If it wasn't the first food aversion to hit me I'd still be having a cup in the morning.

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I couldn't give up my coffee. I have a cup every morning.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Options
    They say one cup is fine, about 200mg caffeine content (I think). There is a number out there. I personally don't drink it anymore and I'm pretty sure everyone in my office knows why lol. I find that decaf satisfies me (taste placebo) lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"