Working Moms
Options

Nanny Shares

Hi! I gave birth on January 30 to a beautiful baby boy! I go back to work next week, and we have a nanny starting. We are interested in finding a family to share her with for the long-term. Do any of you do nanny-shares? How did you find the other family? I used Sittercity to find our nanny. It is almost like there needs to be an E-Harmony for nanny shares! TIA. <3

Re: Nanny Shares

• Options
    Hello, I am due in July and I have been looking into a nanny share program as well. We would not need one until the end of September or early October. Did you find a family to nanny share with? I have been reviewing nanny listings on Sittercity as well.
  • Options
    molisarmolisar member
    edited April 2014
    We found someone through DH's work.  A colleague he worked with had a baby a year after our son was born and we started the nanny share then.  If at all possible, I'd highly recommend trying to find someone at work to do a nanny share.  Even if their children are a bit older, you never know if the parents are looking for a different caregiver so it doesn't hurt to ask parents with older babies/toddlers as well.
    It's nice having someone you work with so you can car pool, visit LO's during lunch (if possible), or even have the nanny take them to visit you at work occasionally.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

List serves are good, friends, coworkers neighbors.  Things to consider is the nanny okay with doing a nanny share?  Some only want to work for one family.  What is your state law as far as how many kids is a nanny allowed to watch before she has to become a licensed daycare provider.  If you are not paying your nanny legally make sure the other family is okay with that or the nanny is okay with them paying her legally.  We ran into an issue that we were going to share with my sister-in-law she was paying under the table.  I was not willing to do that I was willing to pay her enough to clear the hourly rate she wanted but she did not want money on the books.  That raised a big red flag for me but to each their own.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @markstin‌:no, we haven't foundation family to share with. The nanny is open to the idea too! Just here to find the right family to share with! I have a coworker who is due in July, so maybe down the line.. Thanks for everyone's thoughts!
  • Options
    ^^ working on that! :)
  • Options
    Hi....I have a 2 month old baby boy and I am looking for a nanny share too. My boy was born Feb 7th. I am in the Maple Leaf area. Have you found anyone yet? I have to go back to work in May.
  • Options
    @kebylynn‌ no, I haven't! My nanny is starting next week, and then we will look from there! :) good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"