Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

How do we feel about used car seats?

My son is about ready for a booster seat, and after doing some research I decided to also check Craigslist and found a few option at a 3rd of the price. It looks like the car seats that are there are about 4 years old and in good condition. What do you think? Are used booster car seats a go or a no-no?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do we feel about used car seats?

• Options
    Unless you know - for a fact, and can trust - the history of the seat (no accidents, not washed with inappropriate materials, etc.), then no.  Absolutely not.  I can't fathom that level of trust with someone you find on Craigslist.
    IMG_8355
  • Options
    No.  Unless you would trust the person you are buying it from with your child's life, then no.  Do you trust that they are being truthful that it's never been in an accident (of any severity) or checked on an airplane.

Check out Car Seats for the Littles on Facebook...they can help you find an inexpensive booster that will fit your child and your car.  Super helpful group and the techs that admin and post on the group are very informed and up to date on the current research and recommendations.  They can also help you determine if he's truly ready for booster training.  A lot of kids aren't 100% ready until closer to 6...some kids are ready earlier so it's just dependent on the individual child.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. The seat I'm looking at is one of those high back, latch system Britax Parkway seats that runs about $150 - a fraction of the cost on Craigslist, but I'm having the same concerns some of you expressed above.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    azaretsky said:
    Thanks ladies. The seat I'm looking at is one of those high back, latch system Britax Parkway seats that runs about $150 - a fraction of the cost on Craigslist, but I'm having the same concerns some of you expressed above.
    There's nothing wrong with the Parkway, but IMO it's way overkill. A booster just positions the belt correctly on your child. A $150 seat can do that as well as a $50 one can, provided they fit your child equally well. I would buy an inexpensive brand new seat over a used Britax (or any brand used).
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"