International Bumpies
Options

International travel without spouse...

Anyone have any experience as to what paperwork you needed traveling alone with your child?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: International travel without spouse...

• Options
    I think it depends on what countries you are traveling to.  
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

agreed with pp

I have travelled from Australia to the USA many times with my dd without dh and I was never asked for any paperwork

I think the main issue would be if you had different surnames

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope no issues. I have a hyphenated surname and son just his Dad's.
  • Options
    Definitely check with the countries to which you're traveling.  In Ukraine they have the right to ask for a notarized letter from the other parent saying its ok for you to take the baby out of the country. 

• Options
    A friend of mine is from Costa Rica and traveled there without his wife. His DD is very blond but actually really looks like him. They kept him there for an extra day on his return trip until they could get proof that she was his child and that his wife knew bout their whereabouts. I guess child abductions are common there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've never had any problems, but carry my child's birth certificate for good measure.
    IVF #1 - DD born 2011 FET #1-3 all BFN IVF#2- BFP! EDD Nov. 3, 2014 1st US - March 28
  • Options
    We'd often travel with only one parent when I was a kid. Check the rules for the countries you are travelling between.

I think that it is good practice to bring at minimum a note signed by the other parent identifying you and the kids and everyones relationships, acknowledging where you are going and when, as well as a copy of a piece of their ID.

• Options
    Thanks everyone...I was trying to avoid getting a notarized letter here in Honduras it's about $40, but think ill get one just to be in te safe side!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"