Baby Names

What's a great name that your DH WILL NOT go for?

Girl- Lydia
Boy- Kurt (family name)

Re: What's a great name that your DH WILL NOT go for?

• August, Spencer, Clark
    Juliet
  • We don't discuss names in a serious way yet.  I'm waiting for a positive pregnancy test before that happens; otherwise, I'll wear him out very quickly.

Having said that, I think DH will never go for Allen.  Allen is a family name and I love it, but it's also the name of a guy we know who is the lowest of pond scum, so DH has a crappy association with it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Boy names: Louis, August, Theodore, Patrick, Seamus

We've stopped discussing girl names, so I can't remember what was vetoed except Lucille/Lucy.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• Most of the names that I like... including:

Violet, Fiona, Vera, Louisa, Bridget

August, Jude, Simon, Elliott, Theodore

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love Kurt!

He doesn't like Timothy for a boy, and I like it a lot.

For a girl we pretty much like a lot of similar names, though.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• NerdyLucy said:

We don't discuss names in a serious way yet.  I'm waiting for a positive pregnancy test before that happens; otherwise, I'll wear him out very quickly.

Having said that, I think DH will never go for Allen.  Allen is a family name and I love it, but it's also the name of a guy we know who is the lowest of pond scum, so DH has a crappy association with it.

I may be biased, but I think Allen is a great middle name for a boy...goes with a lot of different names.

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran

• There are so many...

Daphne, Greta, Ramona, Susannah, Sylvia

Abram, Byron, Dean, Gideon, Stuart, Walter
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Alec and Vera

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• lauralewlauralew member
    edited April 2014
    Joy2611 said:
    Louis and William for boys.  COME ON.

I was talking about Aurora in the car one day and he goes "what a terrible name."  I gave him the look of death.
    I am seriously grieving Louis.  I want to use it SO badly, but he's said no every time I bring it up...so I need to stop.  It's hard.

ETA: William is a family name that I love, too.  But I can handle not using it.  But I wish he liked it, too.

Justin + Laura 10.18.08

• lauralew said:
    NerdyLucy said:

We don't discuss names in a serious way yet.  I'm waiting for a positive pregnancy test before that happens; otherwise, I'll wear him out very quickly.

I may be biased, but I think Allen is a great middle name for a boy...goes with a lot of different names.

I agree, and the mn is where I'd want to use it.  One name that we both like for a boy is Jude, and I like Jude Allen, but I'm pretty sure DH would never go for it. 

• Lyra, Elizabeth, Anya
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

• lauralew said:
    Joy2611 said:

I was talking about Aurora in the car one day and he goes "what a terrible name."  I gave him the look of death.
    I am seriously grieving Louis.  I want to use it SO badly, but he's said no every time I bring it up...so I need to stop.  It's hard.

ETA: William is a family name that I love, too.  But I can handle not using it.  But I wish he liked it, too.

@lauralew - can you trick him into subconciously liking it and then having him suggest it to you? 

Then you can act all coy, and be like...I don't know, let me think about it.  Then he will beg you to use it.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Manderlin923Manderlin923 member
    edited April 2014
    River, Sacha, Basil, Freya, so many others I can't remember
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Liam, Corinne, Claire
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I should add that if I ever get a BFP, I'm sure I'll have a lot more to add to this list.  I'll bet a lot of names I like might be some he won't go for.  I don't know.

• Jags8Jags8 member
    Boy- August
    Girl- Penelope

But neither of those are my first choices, and he does actually like both of my first choices.
  • He thinks a lot of the names I suggest are old fashioned and/or too posh. Names like Beatrice and Lawrence have been shot down for that reason.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • lauralew said:
    Joy2611 said:

@lauralew - can you trick him into subconciously liking it and then having him suggest it to you? 

Then you can act all coy, and be like...I don't know, let me think about it.  Then he will beg you to use it.

Oh, I WISH.  He hates Louise, too.  :(  What I need is to find an awesome person named Louis... He started to like Liam because of Liam Neeson being such a bad ass.  I know if Walter wasn't a family name for him he probably wouldn't like it...

Justin + Laura 10.18.08

• Ruby and James :(

imageimage    

• 1A1A member
    Every single girl name I ever suggested. For a boy, Tristan :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dominic, he claims it is too ethnic. Same for Anthony.  8-|

Fiona, it was his ex's middle name. 
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I have loved the name Declan for years, DF dislikes it... good thing lo is a girl.
  • Mabel. Ugh, I am heartbroken.
  • Harrison, Leo and Asher for boys
    Evangeline for a girl
  • OMG my DH hates most of the names Ive suggested.  We actually considered not being team green because we have a boys name settled but are having issues with girls names.

Girls names hes shot down:
    Ava, Beatrix,Penelope, Kiera, Lucy, Harper, Hadley....

However we have come to the middle on the following
    Piper, Scarlett, and Gwendolyn (my grandmothers name)

We'll see
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• ==N====N== member
    Shall I just copy and paste my entire list?

Gretchen
    Vienna
    Niamh
    Daphne
    Tabitha
    Hazel
    Brynn
    Liesel
    Miriam
    Willa
    Genevieve
    Anika
    Anastasia

Eben
    Raymond
    Simon
    Preston
    Cian
    Ari
    Mitchell
    Marshall

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I always loved Mallory, but he hates it. I'm OK with that, though, because there are about 4 or 5 girl names that we both like.

My sister made her daughter's middle name the same as mine, and I was so honored that I wanted to do the same for her if I ever had a little girl. But, her mn is Dawn, and MH has a horrible association with the name and refuses. :(

For a boy, I love love love Rhys. He hates hates hates it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lucy and Gregory. Sigh.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Pretty much everything that I like. 
    He doesn't like anything modern or anything old. He only wants to use names that we grew up with in the 90's.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Matilda, Veronica, Samantha.
    Micah, Rafael.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • DH doesn't like:
    Linus
    Emmett
    Ruby
    Magnolia
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Girl: Merritt
    Boy: Nixon and Holder 

Married 10-5-12 | TTC#1 10-5-13 | BFP 4-5-14 | Due 12-12-14
    First u/s 4-21-14, Baby G has a heartbeat! 112BPM
    Second u/s 5-1-14 140BPM | Third u/s 5-3-14 168BPM

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KTZ17KTZ17 member
    @Idani‌ I'm sorry about Lorenzo! That's our agreed upon boy's name should we ever have a son. DH vetoed my favorite girl's name, Clara. But I vetoed his boy's name, Diego. I also liked Ariel for a boy but he said people would think he's a girl because it's a girl's name in English.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • We actually have very similar taste in names thankfully. I love Lucian and he thinks it's ok, but not enough to use it. He also doesn't care for
    Rhett
    Soren
    Atticus

For girls,
    Hazel
    Luciana
    Naomi
    Aurelia

:(
    My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • Calliope!! I love that name, but it reminds him of Caillou (which happens to be the most annoying fictional charectar on the face of the planet, thank you PBS)

Boy names, that I haven't gotten an opportunity to use anyway, include Jesse, Ignatius and Thaddeus
  • Charlotte, Amelia, Nora and Penelope. He has bad associations with most of them.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• ah625ah625 member
    edited April 2014
    I really love Celeste as a first name. He was absolutely against it, but luckily for our little lady she ended up with it as a middle name. Sarah was another FN I absolutely love.

For boys, it was almost all names I liked. Titus, Roman, Henry, Atticus. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Birdie :( I love it. He hates it
  • Orson, August, Hugo, and Alden :(
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"