Parenting after a Loss

Vomitting

Mmm79Mmm79 member
edited April 2014 in Parenting after a Loss
So, A made it to thirteen months with very minimal spitting up and only one vomiting incident (due to medication that di not agree with him).  Then all of a sudden, he has vomited three times in a week.  Each incident has occurred at around bedtime.  Last week, I attributed it to the introduction of mango.  He was fine for a week and then on Tuesday evening, I was feeding him dinner and all of a sudden at the end, he just let loose and threw up everything in his stomach.  I actually saw some bits of orange from breakfast in there! Poor kiddo.  Then he was fine for the rest of the evening and all day yesterday.  Good appetite, good spirits, no vomit.  Then last night, he had a normal dinner that he's eaten dozens of times.  Then we nursed before bed, as per usual.  We put him down in his crib and within about 2 minutes I head him gagging on the monitor.  By the time I got in there, he had already vomited all over himself.  And then proceeded to throw up twice more- again emptying his stomach.  Just like the night before, he was fine afterwards and this morning he wolfed down his usual breakfast.  I'm thinking that maybe he's just having to much to eat at the end of the day- though the amount hasn't changed much over the past two months or so.  He typically gets 4oz of WCM at 4:15/4:30, dinner at 6 and nursing at 6:45/7.  Maybe that's too much? Today, I cut back the WCM for daycare to 3oz.  But this kiddo needs all the calories he can get.  Does anyone have any advice or thoughts?  He doesn't seem to have a bug or appear sick.  I think I'm going to call the pedi today.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

Re: Vomitting

• It is possible he is making himself throw up? 

DD went through a phase where she would gag herself on purpose and then laugh about it.  Sometimes she would end up throwing up.

If that isn't the case, maybe cut back on some of the food.  If you are worried about calories, try introducing a high calorie snack in the afternoon? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely talk to the pedi, but follow your Mommy Instincts too.  When PJ had her vomiting episodes, the on-call nurse only told us how to make her comfortable (pedialyte, no food to let her tummy rest, then slowly introduce milk back in).  I knew it had to be something she ate, but it wasn't until I told the doctor that I think the problem was sweet potatoes that she tested for that allergy.  Sure enough, she has a mild allergy to that.  If you think it's the mango, make sure to let the doctor know.

Oh, and that doesn't sound like too much food.  Good luck, I hope your little guy feels better.

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"