Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Sperm Donor, IUI, Clomid and HCG shot!

So I started clomid this week (first time user; third round of IUI) and I'm SOOO nervous about my husband giving me my HCG shot at home next week!!! Any tips?

Re: Sperm Donor, IUI, Clomid and HCG shot!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    That's what I'll be doing soon! Good luck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Are you doing the HCG shot subQ or IM?  For all of my IUIs, I did the HCG shot subQ which is super easy.  Pinch some skin on your stomach, insert the needle, and push the plunger.  It's that easy.  For my IVF cycles, my trigger was IM.  My clinic did IM triggers in the deltoid (arm) just like a flu shot.  I didn't think it was bad either.  Some places do the trigger IM in the butt (above the crack on the outside of the cheek). I've done PIO injections to that site, it's a little worse than the deltoid, but not terrible.

Clomid gave me hot flashes and headaches, but overall wasn't terrible.  I was only on 50mg though.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    I did my hcg shot in the butt cheek wasn't bad at all
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"