Preemies

36 weeker in the NICU

edited April 2014 in Preemies
I had my little man on Monday at 36w5d via scheduled c/s. He has been in the nicu since. He is intubated and being tube fed. The mix of not being term, me having GD and having a c/s set up the perfect storm.

We are going home Friday and they already told us that he will not be coming home with us then. I lost twins at 19w4d (IC) so yet again I will have given birth and then left the hospital babyless. It's really messing with me. I finally got to hold him today tho so that brought my spirits up.

Here's my little man
Lilypie - (5WpR)
Me(26)PCOS, Hypothyroidism & Incompetent Cervix  DH(28)Azoospermia
4/11 Off BCPs -- Cycle 1-3 (6months) - No ovulation, Provera
Cycle 4-6 - Provera, Clomid 50mg, CD23BW - All BFN (HSG-all clear)
Dec 2011 DH S/A shows zero count - dx Azoo
TESE 4/13/12 - Sperm found!! 5 viles frozen
IVF ICSI #1- (Lupron protocol) 5R 2F 2dt- 2DP & 4CF - BFFN
IVF ICSI #2-  (Antagonist protocol) Started stims 7/26
ER 8/8 11R 9F 3dt - 9BF & 7BF (+HPT 8dp3dt)TWINS! EDD 5/1/13
<312/9 Joshua David and Zoe Faith born too early at 19w4d due to incompetent cervix <3
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  LAP Transabdominal Cerclage - 4/15/13 only possibility of carrying my children to term 
IVF#3 - June 2013 -  canceled.
IVF ICSI #3.2- (Antagonist Protocol) 7/26 start stims (same day, a year later from J & Z's stim start date!)
 ER 8/7 19R 9F 3dt of 2- 8BF embryos. (+HPT 7dp3dt) Beta #1 - 82.8 Beta #2 - 821 Beta #3 - 7254
9/11/13 - U/S shows 1 baby HR 135bpm! EDD: 4/30/13
It's a BOY!!
2/9/14 - DX Gestational Diabetes
C-section scheduled for 4/7/14 (36w5d)
Colin Joseph - 1:07pm 6lbs 14oz - 8 days in the NICU
Everyone Welcome!

Re: 36 weeker in the NICU

• Congrats on your baby! Hoping he comes home soon!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Sorry about the loss of your twins :( I hope baby boy gets to come home soon!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations! I hope that you get to bring him home very soon.

I'm sorry about the loss of your twins, that in itself must have been so hard and it's completely understandable that it will make leaving your new LO in the hospital even harder. Don't forget to take care of yourself and ask for plenty of help! Message boards like these are a great place to come too if you just need to get things off your chest when it seems like there's not a single other person out there that can relate to what you're going through.
  • Congrats on your son! He is a cutie. I am so sorry about the loss of your twins and that you have to leave the hospital without your son. FX that he joins you at home very soon!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• I am so sorry about the loss of your twins and that you aren't able to take your son home with you from the hospital right away. :( 

He is absolutely precious and I hope he is cleared for discharge very soon! 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats on your son's arrival, he is adorable! I'm so sorry for your loss and that you are having to leave your son in the NICU. I hope his stay is short and he is home with you soon!
    Me: 33 DH: 36 Unexplained IF
    First pregnancy - DS 01-Apr-09;
    3rd cycle Clomid/IUI after 2 years TTC
    TTC #2 since ~June 2010
    IUI #1 & 2 - Clomid/IUI - BFN
    IUI #3 &4 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFN
    IUI #5 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFP!!
    EDD: March 22, 2013
    It's triplets!!

• Congratulations on ur boy! I think you just have to get the "leaving the hospital babyless" out of your head. He's coming home soon.

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Hang in their cuddles! It's horrible not taking your baby home did you ask if you can room in?
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• I'm so glad to hear he has arrived safely - congratulations! I hope he is out of the NICU soon. I can only imagine how hard it would be to leave.

I'm not sure how your NICU is set up, but the girls had their own room. We lived over 100 miles away, so I just stayed in the room with them and slept in a recliner chair.
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Oh @PurpleIris30‌ That would be nice, we are like an hour and a half away, but this nicu is like a big room with different stations so there is no way we could stay. We just drive back and forth :(

Colin is on room air now, and is just trying to keep his desats in check. I'm so scared of the car seat test!
    Lilypie - (5WpR)
    Me(26)PCOS, Hypothyroidism & Incompetent Cervix  DH(28)Azoospermia
    4/11 Off BCPs -- Cycle 1-3 (6months) - No ovulation, Provera
    Cycle 4-6 - Provera, Clomid 50mg, CD23BW - All BFN (HSG-all clear)
    Dec 2011 DH S/A shows zero count - dx Azoo
    TESE 4/13/12 - Sperm found!! 5 viles frozen
    IVF ICSI #1- (Lupron protocol) 5R 2F 2dt- 2DP & 4CF - BFFN
    IVF ICSI #2-  (Antagonist protocol) Started stims 7/26
    ER 8/8 11R 9F 3dt - 9BF & 7BF (+HPT 8dp3dt)TWINS! EDD 5/1/13
    <312/9 Joshua David and Zoe Faith born too early at 19w4d due to incompetent cervix <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
      LAP Transabdominal Cerclage - 4/15/13 only possibility of carrying my children to term 
    IVF#3 - June 2013 -  canceled.
    IVF ICSI #3.2- (Antagonist Protocol) 7/26 start stims (same day, a year later from J & Z's stim start date!)
     ER 8/7 19R 9F 3dt of 2- 8BF embryos. (+HPT 7dp3dt) Beta #1 - 82.8 Beta #2 - 821 Beta #3 - 7254
    9/11/13 - U/S shows 1 baby HR 135bpm! EDD: 4/30/13
    It's a BOY!!
    2/9/14 - DX Gestational Diabetes
    C-section scheduled for 4/7/14 (36w5d)
    Colin Joseph - 1:07pm 6lbs 14oz - 8 days in the NICU
    Everyone Welcome!
  • What a cutie pie! Congrats on your son. Very sorry about the loss of your twins. It would be incredibly difficult to separate those two events emotionally even though they are different circumstances.

Hoping your little boy gets to come home with you so soon! Making progress already.

imageimage

• @thecuddleeffect‌ I am glad to hear that Colin's breathing is improving. Fx he will come home soon.
    imageimage

• XathXath member
    What a sweetheart! I'm glad to hear he's doing so well. I understand what you're saying; I didn't realize how many emotions from the loss of my daughter would mix in with everything going on with Sam. Sending best wishes and hopes that your twins are looking out for their baby brother.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • What a beautiful little boy!  Im so very sorry you are dealing with an unexpected NICU stay after all that you have been through.  I also suffer from IC and got a TAC last year.

It sounds like he is making nice progress, so I hope he is home with you very soon!   hugs!

mom to V; 25 weeker born at 1lb 7oz
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

www.virginiakkent.blogspot.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"