May 2012 Moms

Easter baskets

What's the Easter bunny bring this year? Everyone around me is giving their kids expensive items. Like wagons, train tables, and bikes. For us Easter was always smaller items that could fit in a basket. My kids are each getting a new swim suit, a dvd for our long car ride, a book,  and plate, bowl and cup set.

Re: Easter baskets

• ebl2ebl2 member
    I never looked at Easter as an expensive gift giving. DD will be getting bubbles, sidewalk chalk, a big ball and maybe some other little things. I remember growing up I used to always get a new movie. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Yeah no; all small stuff. She's getting a chocolate lollipop, a cadbury cream egg, a wind up chick that flaps and skitters along the floor when you let it go, an I Spy Wonder Tube, a dinosaur with eyes that pop out when you squeeze him, then a bunch of plastic eggs that I'll hide for a hunt. They have necklaces, bracelets, stickers, and such in them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I think we will do bubbles, crayons, book, stuffed bunny, and construction paper. Hoping the grandparents don't indulge her with candy. She doesn't usually go for the sweet stuff on her own and I'm not going to deprive her of candy, just hoping to at least get through this holiday without indulging her too much on the sweets. Currently, she eats healthier than I do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree @MelissaMiso I didn't go crazy on the sweets because I know my ILs will. These are the same people who gave her chocolate cookies to suck on for supper at 4(ish) months old. My plan is to limit what she eats from it then get it home and stash it for DH to pick away at if he wishes. I don't mind her having a sweet treat here and there, but I see no point going nuts.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I'm happy to see expensive items aren't the trend. I'm also staying away from sweets. My kids love flossers (sp?). I got some of those to go in their eggs.
  • Wow even $30 seems high that's what I spent on all five of our baskets.
    We do do candy! Sorry I know it's bad but he's the youngest of three so they all get it so does he ;) Lucas is getting a new fork and spoon set, a mega block toy 90% off after Christmas and a new tshirt. My 3 year old is getting a Thomas train in an egg clearance after Easter last year and a new shirt, my almost 10 year old is getting a marshmallow gun clearance after Christmas. Dh is getting new fill your own kcups, and I'm getting new eye liner :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Candy? I haven't really thought about it because Easter was never a big deal. I just bought candy to do an egg hunt because my sister its visiting and my niece expects an egg hunt. If I remember as a kid all I got was candy and a stuffed bunny or chick. We'd also reuse the same basket every year and we never hunted for eggs. We dyed them though. I'll wait to do that into lo actually can participate.
  • @bellelamb I love a good bargain! Nice pre-planning

• Hmm next year and the next 6 years trucks,cars, balls, trains, blocks ;) or and tractors and bulldozers! Or that's my boys like when holiday hot wheels are clearance I ALWAYS buy them all three of mine play with them still

If you stock up on art supplies in August you can get most things 50-90% cheaper than now ;) not saying you have to just saying if you want to spend less on this stuff ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Em is getting a sand and water table but we weren't actually planning on getting her anything big. We picked it up for $10 used and eye going to give it to her for her birthday but she needs something to play with outside before June (june1 baby). In her basket she is getting a couple small treats and some fisher price little people animals to go with her farm we also bought used.
  • When did Easter become a gift giving holiday? As kids, my brothers and I only ever had chocolates, jelly beans, or peeps in our baskets. Maybe a small stuffed animal or small easter themed toy, but nothing more.

We didn't do a basket for DS last year but will this year. I picked up a small stuffed bunny and bubbles. Maybe an easter themed coloring book if I can get out to get one. 2 or 3 plastic eggs with Teddy grahams and fruit snacks in them. My in laws will probably stuff a basket with toys for him like they did last year. His birthday is the day before Easter this year so he is going to be spoiled with goodies this coming weekend.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • DD's basket will  have:

coloring book

3 little jars of spring playdough

a reece pieces carrot shaped bag of candy

sidewalk chalk

new crayons

• DD basket has 5 little people (second hand), a pin wheel, a butterfly net, a bulldozer truck for the sandbox, a box of organic cookies, and the tiniest chocolate bunny I could find. She also got some dresses from my dad and a boat to play with in the pool. I have no idea what my in laws are doing but it's usually more than she needs. For them Easter is Christmas #2
  • We spent about $10-15.

I know grandparents on both sides spent more than that.  :S

We bought her a Hello Kitty watering can, sidewalk chalk, and a few chocolates.  We will decorate real eggs and hide them as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"