Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Baseball and Paternity leave

You guys hear about the guy from the Mets who is getting ripped by talk show hosts because he missed the first 2 games because he had a kid. One guy said his wife should have had a C-section before the season. He took the 3-days that he is allowed to take by the MLB and then he went back. I think it's crazy he is being ripped for missing 2-games of a 162-game season. They might have a point of this was the playoffs, but that's about it.

Re: Baseball and Paternity leave

• Options
    It's because in sports you have to put the game first.  I don't understand it at all.  I know a guy at work that took a month off when his child was born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yup, they were all saying "you play baseball, get a nanny for that stuff." They don't expect athletes to be dad's or family oriented at all. Then they get attacked for every little mess up they do and told they aren't being good role models. I consider not being there when your son is born as not being a good role model.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PrimePrime member
    It's been overblown.  Boomer Esiason opened his mouth and it took off.  Don't really think there is this much angst over it.  Just nothing else to talk about.

• Options
    So what you're saying is really only a couple people really care about this?
  • Options
    PrimePrime member
    edited April 2014
    Vocal Minority

ETA: Like most things thanks to the internet

• Options
    It doesn't bother me that he took the time... if anything, it kinda bothers me that MLB only has a 3 day paternity leave... you don't even get any time at home that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"