Working Moms

opinion needed

I am new to my organization. In an informal meeting i was told i would possibly be the lead contact for a client group. Unfortunately, this client group would involve a lot of travel. At this point i am not a fan of travel it will require with LO. I am having lunch this week with my VP and wondered how i can tactfully decline being considered for this. There are other client groups i am more than willing to take 2 additional on just not to deal with the one involving travel. Thanks for your feedback
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: opinion needed

• I would probably not mention it yet. It sounds like this was a passing reference in an informal meeting and you are just being considered for it. If someone approaches you to make the offer or gauge your interest you can then ask questions about travel and point out why other groups would be a better fit for you.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • I guess my first question would be whether travel was discussed during the interview process and what percentage was mentioned either in the job description or during interviews? I feel like that could maybe guide how you would approach it.   If you were told there was minimal or X small % travel you could go with that but if you were told about a larger % travel and you accepted the job w/ that understanding, it is a different story.
    GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • groovygrl said:
    I guess my first question would be whether travel was discussed during the interview process and what percentage was mentioned either in the job description or during interviews? I feel like that could maybe guide how you would approach it.   If you were told there was minimal or X small % travel you could go with that but if you were told about a larger % travel and you accepted the job w/ that understanding, it is a different story.
    GL!
    I agree.  I know when I hire someone I always say 25 percent travel.  In my job I could go a year without travel and the next travel every other month not counting all the roads trips.  When I worked on the client side everyone knew travel may be required it was whatever the client needed.  I had a client once that had me on travel one week a month, I would never want to do that now with two smal kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies i ended up switching with a colleague
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"