C-sections
Options

Incision leaking

Just wondering if this happened to anyone else? My incision started leaking watered down blood which was I guess not full on blood but fluid from the site. I called the doctors office and the nurse said that's a normal part of the healing process.

I washed the area and then DH put neosporin and clean gauze pads on and it stopped leaking by the next day. It's just weird because I didn't have this issue after my first c-section.

Re: Incision leaking

• Options
    I had the same thing for my second one too.  The incision seemed to be healing fine but then it started oozing out of nowhere.  My doc said same thing.  Keep it clean and dry and antibacterial ointment cleared it up.  Doesn't seem like it should be normal but it was fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @AnotherDreamer‌ I'm also being treated for a cellulitis infection. Was yours near the incision? Mine is on my belly and legs so IDK if its connected
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bingbongsmamabingbongsmama member
    edited April 2014
    Uh ok. Mine's a different situation. The doc said the rash was too far away from the site to be related to the tape/glue. Either way, it's miserable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"