January 2014 Moms
Options

Easter Traditions

With Easter just a few days away, I thought it would be fun to discuss what we all did for Easter growing up? Did you celebrate? Go to church? Hunt eggs - plastic or real? When did your basket arrive - over night or while you were at church? Did the Easter bunny hide your basket? What was in the eggs?

Tell me all about it - hop to it! (pun intended)
July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

Re: Easter Traditions

• Options
    We aren't religious so no church growing up. My mom always made us baskets with candy and chocolates that was outside our bedroom door when we woke up.
    We hid plastic eggs filled with different things for DS1 last year. He loved it. We will likely do that again.
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The Easter bunny brought our baskets while we were sleeping. In the morning we would open our baskets and go on an egg hunt for the eggs that we dyed. My mom would make breakfast while we ate candy and checked out our new stuff.

Then we would walk across the street to our grandparent's house where we would hunt for plastic eggs and have a giant family dinner.

I think last year DD and I just spent Easter with my family. DH had to work and spring training ended the day before so I was exhausted from working a month straight of 75 hour weeks.

This year we will be taking the kiddos to church with my grandpa where we will eat breakfast and DD will go on an egg hunt. Then to my moms because she gives the kids baskets. After that to the IL's for lunch/dinner. Oh and they day before we are taking DD on an egg hunt at the spring training stadium.

That got long. So sorry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Easter Bunny brought me a basket and a new stuffed rabbit every year.  I would set up all of my stuffed rabbits and then when I came down on Easter morning I would have to find the new one.  I also remember hunting eggs once or twice around the house.  I can't remember who had Easter dinner, but it was either at our house or one of my grandparents'.  We were not religious so we did not go to church.
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    We had a few traditions growing up. We would dye/paint/decorate Easter eggs a few days before Easter.

Easter bunny came over night and brought us baskets and set out a bunch of eggs for us to hunt for. When my youngest brother really got into the holidays I was old enough to not believe anymore so I made him scavenger hunts with clues in plastic eggs and he loved it.

And we always had family dinners for my moms side of the family either at our house, my grandmas house, or one of my aunts houses. We rotated it around every year.

• Options
    We always go to church then to grandparents house for dinner and egg hunt.
    Now with our LOs we go to church on Saturday and sunday( I work in children's ministry) then to my parents house and to his dads house later that evening. Dinner at both and egg hunt for kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"