May 2014 Moms

Waiting game

Well I'm 36.5 weeks, 3 cm dilated, lost my mucus plug, had bloody show, loose bowel movements, sharp pains, head is super low. Dr does not think I will make my due date of May 11th lol.
Anyone else in a similar situation or have been before?
How long did you wait for baby?
Getting excited and nervous! :)

Re: Waiting game

• I'm gonna say you'll see a baby in the next 24 hours based on the bloody show. Hope you're ready!

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• I'm having all the same symptoms except I'm only 1 centimeter ... My OB said could be a few more weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • When I had all those symptoms, I had a baby about 8 hours later!
  • whitehousemwhitehousem member
    edited April 2014
    I'm 34+ 3 with twins and have been contracting for two weeks (spent some time in L&D), started losing mucus plug two weeks ago, and have been 3cm 80% effaced for the past week (was just checked again today). I have an induction scheduled for 37w but they don't think I will make it that long. I feel like a ticking time bomb. I feel your pain. :)

ETA: no bloody show yet, super constipated, but both heads are down super LOW. So who the hell knows...
  • I have all that except not quite as dilated. I'm at 1 1/2 cm. My doctor doesn't put a time stamp on it. She just says everything looks good and everything is progressing.

From what I hear, all those things can indicate labor is imminent or still many weeks away.

I have a girlfriend who was 3 cm for three weeks, lost her plug, baby low, etc. before she went into labor. Another wasn't dilated at all before her water broke and she had her son six hours later. 

Everyone is different so I would take it all with a grain of salt.

I feel you on the excitement, though! It's getting very close for many of us!

Good luck!
  • I'm 37+4, 3cm dilated, 70% effaced. I have random irregular contractions, lots of pressure/pains, I think I'm losing my plug little by little.
    OB said it could still be a while because my cervix is still thick.
    Good luck to you!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"